X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seperation

can my ex leave the province with my child without my consent
    it has been 10 months now and now she is going after lots of stuff now because she is greedy

Generally no, but it happens all the time.

Has the she already left with the child? Is it just for a visit, or to relocate?

Do you have any orders or agreements?

I don't think it is just because of greed. I think often it is because of what they think is their entitlement, and often it is sanctioned by our courts.

Comment

yeah well we hd an agreement that she drew up and now she has gone bankrupt left mt 80000 debt and wants me to pay full support plus pension and alimony plus drive 200 km one way to get child and drive her back every time plus pay 70 % of childs extra expenses.
      she alos left me with a house that has negative equity
      what can i do ???
      it really sucks

Comment

Divorce drives many to bankruptcy.

Debt is rarely ever divided between the spouses like assets. Whose name is all the debt in?

You can ask for a reduction in support due to the travel costs.

Comment

well about 50000 is joint and 30000 is my name
          so i can ask for reduction of support you say how much do you think i would get off

Comment

goes any one have advice for me???

Comment

You let the horse leave the barn 10 months ago. Unfortunately the time to be asking "can my ex leave the province with my child without my consent" was ten months ago.

Had you brought an emergency back then, you would have a good chance of blocking the move and having the child returned to you.

You can try now, but I'm sorry to say that you have allowed a status quo to develop. She will argue implied consent to the move on your part. I don't like your chances.

Comment

well i agreed based on the agreement she drew up and we signed and got witnessed now she has done everything that i explained above now to me
                what can i do

Comment

Custody/access wise? Kick yourself in the ass.

You want money advice? Please give more details about support and equalization. What are your money questions?

Comment

well she left me with 80000 debt by going bankrupt
                    50000 was joint
                    she wants full support of one kid and wants pension and alimony and wants me to drive to pick up daughter 200 km one way and bring her back
                    plus she wants me to pay 70% of daughters expenses
                    she moved back to our old small town and has a part time job plus has a foster kid
                    she has left me a house with negative equity
                    if she wins i will have nothing

Comment

There's not nearly enough detail there to comment on your financial situation. Search the forum and get a handle on how CS and SS are calculated. Research "net family property" and "equalization of familiy property" and then you will know what information to provide so that your questions can be properly addressed.

Comment

i guess what i am asking is she went bankrupt to avoid her share of the debt and now wants me to pay it all and pay support and her
                        when does it end how much do i really have to pay
                        we already had an agreement that she signed so what happens to that

Comment

No she cannot. It is illegal and a federal offence. Get a lawyer and get her butt back here.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncebitten1 View Post
                            No she cannot. It is illegal and a federal offence. Get a lawyer and get her butt back here.
                            Um..

Can you elaborate?

Are you reading anything past the first post or two?

Can you explain how (whatever it is you are referring to) is a federal offence?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X