This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for

I am looking to see where I can find the section 7 expenses written somewhere.......I need this to prove to the ex that he has a responsibility to pay these and they are NOT included in CS. Ex seems to think dental surgery is part of CS. Now we are headed back to court and I need to make sure my ducks are in a row. Gettng help to find this written somewhere is huge. Help anyone please. I have a copy of the Family Law Rules and its not there

Try here: Family Law Act - O. Reg. 391/97

Snippet...

Special or extraordinary expenses
    7. (1) In an order for the support of a child, the court may, on the request of either parent or spouse or of an applicant under section 33 of the Act, provide for an amount to cover all or any portion of the following expenses, which expenses may be estimated, taking into account the necessity of the expense in relation to the child’s best interests and the reasonableness of the expense in relation to the means of the parents or spouses and those of the child and to the spending pattern of the parents or spouses in respect of the child during cohabitation:
    (a) child care expenses incurred as a result of the custodial parent’s employment, illness, disability or education or training for employment;
    (b) that portion of the medical and dental insurance premiums attributable to the child;
    (c) health-related expenses that exceed insurance reimbursement by at least $100 annually, including orthodontic treatment, professional counselling provided by a psychologist, social worker, psychiatrist or any other person, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, prescription drugs, hearing aids, glasses and contact lenses;
    (d) extraordinary expenses for primary or secondary school education or for any other educational programs that meet the child’s particular needs;
    (e) expenses for post-secondary education; and
    (f) extraordinary expenses for extracurricular activities. O. Reg. 391/97, s. 7 (1); O. Reg. 446/01, s. 2.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X