No announcement yet.

has anyone used a private investigator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone used a private investigator?

My ex has promised that I will get nothing if I ever proceed to go through the courts for child support or spousal.

I have never seen a NOA, and up until a couple of months ago he paid child support at an amount that I have never verified by any proof of income.

He has now stopped paying and I do not know where he lives.

I am planning to go to court to get this done properly.

I am wondering about how much info a private investigator can actually uncover.

The only info I have is his name and SIN number.

Thank you for any info you can share on our experience with hiring a private investigator.

Mine did the same thing pretty much. Told me I wouldn’t see a penny if I took him to court.

Get the application rolling ASAP. I’m a year and a half in and finally just got a temporary order for minimal support. I have enough evidence to get proper support very shortly though.

If you have his SIN that is a very good place to start. When you get your support order you just provide FRO with the SIN and they will start garnishing his paycheques. Unless he is like my ex and does the self employed Route. Then you may have a tougher time.

What did he do for work when you were together? What sort of education does he have?

Comment

Are you self repping?

Have you started an action?

I don't know that you need to jump to private investigators just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
        Mine did the same thing pretty much. Told me I wouldn’t see a penny if I took him to court.

Get the application rolling ASAP. I’m a year and a half in and finally just got a temporary order for minimal support. I have enough evidence to get proper support very shortly though.

If you have his SIN that is a very good place to start. When you get your support order you just provide FRO with the SIN and they will start garnishing his paycheques. Unless he is like my ex and does the self employed Route. Then you may have a tougher time.

What did he do for work when you were together? What sort of education does he have?

They also garnish and tax or gst benefits. Anytime he files taxes they take the refund.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X