No announcement yet.

Under Table Income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I know it's beneficial for children to spend time with their grandparents, they aren't their parents. If your available as a parent on the weekends she is working, then I'd ask for that parenting time.

Not the answering you asked for but something to consider.

Comment

If she was making extra 100k a year, then hiring private detective and making a motion could be justified, but for 12K a year is ain't worth it. You can still ask her to provide sworn disclosure about her all employments. What could however happen she'll tell she works at their relatives for free or nearly free

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
        Although I know it's beneficial for children to spend time with their grandparents, they aren't their parents. If your available as a parent on the weekends she is working, then I'd ask for that parenting time.

Originally posted by Bogdan View Post
        Agree with respondent -- it's not worth it.
        Same with the grand parents issue ( I also have the same issue lol) ... from my understanding Right of First refusal is discouraged for High Conflict anyways. Ignore it. Reframe it as a win ... it's just less time that your ex is spending with your kids which is only further solidifying you as the better parent.

Asking with hand held out like asking for change. Not entitled to it and not recommended with any high conflict pairing as it would be used by one party cause a stir with the other.

Originally posted by respondent View Post
        If she was making extra 100k a year, then hiring private detective and making a motion could be justified, but for 12K a year is ain't worth it. You can still ask her to provide sworn disclosure about her all employments. What could however happen she'll tell she works at their relatives for free or nearly free
        I am dealing with a very similar issue albeit with a larger $$ amount ... I've accepted that I will never see the offset, and my ex will fight tooth and nail for this.
        It is her parents giving her money, no PI is going to be able to prove that one. "I was just visiting my parents at their work"

Poster KCC has knowledge of how to ask for financial records and might reveal those details.

Comment

I am dealing with a very similar issue albeit with a larger $$ amount ... I've accepted that I will never see the offset, and my ex will fight tooth and nail for this.

Same with the grand parents issue ( I also have the same issue lol) ... from my understanding Right of First refusal is discouraged for High Conflict anyways. Ignore it. Reframe it as a win ... it's just less time that your ex is spending with your kids which is only further solidifying you as the better parent.
          BINGO! I agree with the bolt point above 100%. Grandparents will never replace a parent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X