Question about OCL Clinician Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about OCL Clinician Notes

After OCL completed their report, I asked for complete disclosure. However, notes provided by OCL clinician are computer typed and not hand-written. Is that normal? Has anyone else received computer typed notes from OCL Clinician? I noticed that the information is not accurate in the computer typed notes.

To add to my question -

OCL reported was completed almost a year ago. I requested for full disclosure from OCL, but did not receive it until a month and a half later. In the meatime, I filed a formal dispute.

OCL report is bad. There was collobaration between OCL Clinician and OP Lawyer (OP Lawyer is also OCL Lawyer Part-time). I know this because information shared with her ended up with OP lawyer before disclosure. Also, a lot of facts were twisted to favor OP. Good things said about me by children were attribute to other party. Children's statements to CAS were changed in report to favor OP and e.t.c.

I will be cross-examining OCL at trial and wanted to know if computer typed notes are common with OCL or I am the exception which can be pointed out at trial.

Comment

In this day and age of computer technology most health professionals notes are typewritten except for in some hospital charts, therefor it stands to reason the OCL’s notes would be typewritten as well. Rough hand written notes may be in short form and if they existed at all would likely have been thrown in the garbage when they entered the information into the computer.

If you dispute the findings in the report it’s best to cross examine the OCL at trial which it sounds like you are planning to do.

Good luck.

Comment

Not directly related to handwritten notes, but you can search canlii for the name and see what other cases she/he has done before.

Comment

From experience in a different legal arena:

I typed out my notes and was required to submit the journal the notes were made from.

You are correct, translation does not always reflect the notes.

Bring your own notes too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dad204 View Post
            To add to my question -

OCL reported was completed almost a year ago. I requested for full disclosure from OCL, but did not receive it until a month and a half later. In the meatime, I filed a formal dispute.

OCL report is bad. There was collobaration between OCL Clinician and OP Lawyer (OP Lawyer is also OCL Lawyer Part-time). I know this because information shared with her ended up with OP lawyer before disclosure. Also, a lot of facts were twisted to favor OP. Good things said about me by children were attribute to other party. Children's statements to CAS were changed in report to favor OP and e.t.c.

I will be cross-examining OCL at trial and wanted to know if computer typed notes are common with OCL or I am the exception which can be pointed out at trial.
            My ex disputed the findings too. The clinician's notes were attached to their response- I think- and they were typed. She had a laptop at her visits though- so I guess they were always going to be typed.

Did you SEE the clinician write notes in a notebook?

Comment

I also have to say this seems fishy with the questioning the report and demanding their written notes. I highly doubt the OCL deviated so far from any written notes the way you claim. Just dispute the report. You don’t need a copy of the notes. If you don’t agree with the report you won’t agree with the notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                The legal and proper avenue is to dispute the report. Its in the Family Law Rules that you have 30 days to file a dispute of the findings of the report. Just note that in 99% of the times, the OCL will stick to their report. The forum to challenge the clinician is through cross examination at trial. The fact that the report does not match his/her notes is irrelevant. What counts is the Report, not the notes.
                Unfortunately people lie and fabricate facts to support their desired conclusion.

Experienced it first had, people absolutely lied. Twisted words of people and changed them and fabricated circumstance to support their narrative.
                I would want audio/video recordings.

Why is it irrelevant?
                Last edited by pinkHouses; 11-05-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Never heard clinician typing during our phone meetings or virtual observation visit.

Comment

Typed or hand written... if the clinician claims they are the notes... they are the notes. Not sure why they matter. Often the notes are useless and the reports are even more useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      Typed or hand written... if the clinician claims they are the notes... they are the notes. Not sure why they matter. Often the notes are useless and the reports are even more useless.
                      The poster thinks the typed notes do not match the written notes or were embellished. I suppose that is why they are important to him.

Comment

Notes, reports, investigations, affidavits, and all other relevant documents you can file at the court registry are all hearsay.

The witnesses are what is important at trial.

If you think the report from the clinician was biased and you already had chalenged that report within the 30 days to OCL, you just did what is right. Now wait at trial to cross-examine that clinician as per your chalenging reply. That's it.

My situation is much simple. The OCL report came back as being incomplete. Didn't need to chalenge the report as it is incomplete. With an incomplete report, the OCL are not fully equiped to make any recommendations... therefore way more easier for my Lawyer to cross-examine that clinician.

I've been waiting for over 3 years for that trial. The cross-examination is the key, not the notes nor the reports.
                        Last edited by mafia007; 11-15-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                          I am looking to Cross-examine the OCL Clinician at trail. If there is descrepency between the report and notes, wouldn't that be good point to raise during cross-examiniation? or If report states something but it is not in clinician's notes, wouldn't that raise questions that if something was important enough to include in the report is not backed by their notes?

Comment

Originally posted by mafia007 View Post
                            Notes, reports, investigations, affidavits, and all other relevant documents you can file at the court registry are all hearsay.

The witnesses are what is important at trial.

If you think the report from the clinician was biased and you already had chalenged that report within the 30 days to OCL, you just did what is right. Now wait at trial to cross-examine that clinician as per your chalenging reply. That's it.

My situation is much simple. The OCL report came back as being incomplete. Didn't need to chalenge the report as it is incomplete. With an incomplete report, the OCL are not fully equiped to make any recommendations... therefore way more easier for my Lawyer to cross-examine that clinician.

I've been waiting for over 3 years for that trial. The cross-examination is the key, not the notes nor the reports.
                            I need to get a better understanding of cross-examining OCL clinicians. Any suggestions on material to review? or should I attend other cases in court?

Comment

Couldn't be more accurate. Good answer!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X