Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering how long it could take for the decision - trial was in June

Comment

Does anyone know if step-dad will get sole custody if mom has not been able to care for them in over a year and a half and I am out of province. Is there caselaw out there for this type of issue?

Comment

People get access to their kids after they give them up for adoption. Just saying. Sounds like you need a lawyer but with what they cost it sounds like you definitely don't need a lawyer to fix this, they often make it worse.
        Get a consult at least.

The stepfather either hates you or has some principles.

Who is fighting you on this?
        Anyway to get CAS or the stepfather on your side?

Also...be nice...if you have not been already. Just be super nice.

Comment

I had my girlfriend work on the first trial, she got me through it with the paperwork and then we had trial. I made a point of not bashing my ex or her new boyfriend throughout the 4 years of litigation. They however did bash me up until the trial and at the trial and the judge frowned upon it. I received unsupervised access and Facetime as I was in a different province.

Flash forward to 6 months later, mom loses it, lands in the hospital, CAS becomes involved, they place the kids with stepdad while mom is sedated. No one contacts me. CAS says it is "kinship" and it did not need to go to court. Mom has sole custody but kids have not been allowed around her unsupervised since March 2020.

I believe I proved a material change because of mom's issues, she may not ever be allowed alone with the kids again. She admitted on the stand that she was forced into the "kinship" placement as she was not of her right mind.

Stepdad and his mother came across very standoffish on the stand in June. They admitted that they do not see a benefit of the children having a relationship with me and believe it is up to the kids.

I am going insane waiting for the decision.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X