This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question regarding email to lawyer

Husband's ex is the respondent. We just received her affidavit a few weeks ago. Husband can reply to her claims? We are emailing his reply to his lawyer. Settlement conference is in April. Lawyer is confident it will be settled. Me,well I'm not too sure about that. Question is we would like to request the children's lawyer can we do this or must we wait for the judge to decide this?

Thanks.

I believe that either party, respondent or applicant, or your Judge, can request the involvement of the OCL.

Look on the Attorney General's website The Office of the Children's Lawyer - Ministry of the Attorney General

If you ask the Judge for an order for the involvement of the OCL, that would carry more weight, but just because it is requested does not mean that the OCL will accept the "invitation".

You also have leave to ask for OCL involvement on your own, but I have heard that very rarely will they accept a case when there is no judicial endorsement or "need" as the judge sees it.

My ex asked for OCL - the judge didn't see the necessity of it and refused to issue an order - but told him that he could do whatever he wanted himself. And then said - "good luck with that though ..."

Comment

Thank you for answering. Appreciated.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X