This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Answer Filed

Just a question about what happens when my STBX fails to file an answer to my application. I cannot afford legal representation. Therefore I am doing this on my own. It has been well over the 30 days given for the STBX to respond. I have filed a Form 23c Affidavit for Uncontested Trial as well as a draft order and FRO paperwork. My Form 23 c and draft order mirrors my application completely...I have not asked for anything different. The biggest issue at this time is custody. In my application, I asked for sole custody of the children, fair and liberal access for my STBX, child support, plus equalization of net family property.

I guess my question is...what happens now? I was told by the court clerk that I was not required to serve my STBX and that the paperwork would go before a judge. All I was asked to include was a SASE for myself, nothing for my STBX. Also, how does a judge know how to equalize family property when nothing was filed by my STBX? I filed a financial statement with my original application.

How long would I typically have to wait before I hear anything? Or should I be calling the courts? Any ideas on how a situation like this would typically play out?

Thanks for your help.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X