This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fro not following court order

Just wondering if anyone else has come accross this befor...in oct of 07 a court order was issued stipulating a reduction in child support payments as well as an additional 100.00 a month payment be made towards arrears until paid in full...At the time I thought that this was then end of my nightmare, but alas the FRO is envolved.
    I started making my payments as prescribed by the courts including the additional 100.00 the FRO appears to have changed the amounts as per the court order however they did not end enforcement on there part..ex...taking gst payment..tax refunds etc..I contacted the FRO to get them to stop as per court order...they're response was to send my mail containing to stop guarnishment orders against 2 banks that i do not even deal with, without any letter or explanation at all. They continued taking what ever they could get they're hands on...no payments were ever missed as per court order but they will not stop..now acording to my records i've over paid by 600-700 dollars and the last gst payment you bet cha they took it.
    My question is A) how do i get them to stop...B)how do i get my overpayment back...C) can one sue the FRO

Call the ombudsmans office they will look into it for you. I just did in my case where my ex said i was in arrears from 7 years ago. Completely false and she provided no evidence of such. They took it right out of my FRO account which I always overpay so I'm never behind. The Ombudsman was flabbergasted as the FRO doesn't go after individuals who $200,000 dollars in arrears and they harrass those people who are actually paying. Good luck.

Comment

Hi noeninsight. If you are the payer FRO doesnt want to hearfrom you. I have been told by them that they can do whatever they want. I have be getting a %50 pay for over 3 yrs now because they cant figure out what has been paid from the company I work for. I think right now ive over paid between 2 and 4000 so far. Calling them is a nightmare and they have no idea what is going on with the payments.I call the company I work for and they tell me they are remitting the monies to FRO. Im stuck in the middle with no where to go. They did send me $1400 over payment in March 08 and I told them at the time it should be only about $350. So I painted my car with it. Thanks to FRO. haha then I was back to the %50 of my pay off my cheque. It has changed my life style and If not for my new girlfriend I would have been on the street for sure. I post a question months ago that the payers in these forums should band together for a class action law suit against FRO. They are causing a lot of anguish for people that are trying to do the right thing by their kids. As for the people out there that dont follow court orders, Hide behind laws and just plain dont support their kids, SHAME on You....those are the ones that make it hard on the ones that are trying. If self employeed you are laughing. Just my 2 cents. Sorry had to vent. Back to court on the 23 July. wooohooo cant even afford a lawyer.

Comment

Please read thru many of my posts. What you are suggesting may be in the works already. But I have been asking online for quite some time to have people sumbit thier stories to me. At this point it can be anonamously through here. Our lawyer has ask we gather these as he has ideas on some joint action that we would like to see happen. But the only way is for those of us to speak up.

Comment

hey it gets better, after i had advised them of the court ordered settlement etc and they'd sent be the stop garnishment notices to the 2 banks? not only did they not stop garnishment on Department of Justice (gst, tax refund etc ) they resubmitted a garnishment order against me for the arrears owing as well as the ongoing payments?!! in total defiance of the court order...the result i have now over paid but the Department of Justice still thinks I owe the entire arrears amount plus alot more because they have been calculating my on going monthly payments as owing as well.... I wrote and mailed one final plea to the director tonight to please stop, it was very long and detailed, copies were also sent to the Minister of Social and Community Services as well as the Ombudsman of Ontario....I prey that this will end

Comment

Im in. Anomomous or not. FRO has to be taught that they have to follow rules and stop messing with peoples lives. Ifthis action starts up I want to be a part of it. You can contact me difectly though my email with details. FRO has to be stopped for those of us that are following the rules.As I said before those out there trying to get away without paying for their children need not apply.
            Thanks
            Colin

Comment

Fro

There are some extreme issues there. Ask them to supply you with a statement of account (they have to give you one free). Hopefully you have copy of your order from court and make sure the statement from FRO is dated. With these two items write the Ombudsman for FRO. It works trust me and I am the receiving parent. You can email them from their site (ombudsman that is) and they will call you back in less than a week. When they call back make sure you get persons name and have pen & paper ready. Jot down info from conversation. With that information go to FLIC near you (courthouse) and file against FRO to get your money back. I find it really concerning when they do both ends of the spectrum like this. (take too much or then they will agree to ridiculous arrangements) There has to be some way that both receiving and paying parents can be treated same way. It takes two to make a child but a whole community to raise them and FRO is not helpful sometimes. IN this case I think they are imposing waaaaaaayyyyyyy more harm than good. No one should be working and teetering on the edge of bankruptcy cause of others errors. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X