This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KAH1976 View Post
    Ouch! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Just try to remember that every situation is different and not all situation require the same approach. I have found a very happy solution to tough situation. It might not be right for everyone but works for us.
    umm obviously its not a happy solution or working for both of you or you wouldnt be bitching about her showing up.

Comment

That was all in the past. I didn't mean to come across as bitching, just stating part of the challenge. The situation is much better now that we have private lessons and the children enjoy their time at both houses without being put in the middle of uncomfortable situations. It might not be best for others, but it is the best for our situation!

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
        Absolutely Billm... both parents should contribute, but to state that the kids have no Section 7 expenses because FRO advised him not to pay the ex, is not right... FRO only enforces court orders and if their court order did not specify section 7, FRO won't enforce (which I know you are aware of), but to blatantly say there are no section 7 expenses because FRO is not enforcing them, seems petty to me.

KAH- I am well aware of what it feels like to be nickle and dimed... I understand it sucks when you pay CS and one parent does not seem to spend it on the child...however, I also do not see it in the best interest of the children to miss out on activities, simply because FRO does not enforce...maybe a more appropriate action would be, figure out what the kids would want to be in, approximate costs and then see if they fall under section 7 expenses... if they do...figure out an annual total, go on a consent motion with the other parent and get a court order to enforce section 7 expenses through FRO...that way your children can enjoy extra activities... but that is only my opinion.
        All true, but the guy is already paying too much because he is paying full CS despite having his kids half the time.

That has to be dealt with at the same time.

Comment

I have just resigned myself to the fact that I will overpay forever. It's not worth going back to court about for me. Unless my ex initiates some kind of action then I might broach it at that time, otherwise let sleeping dogs lie.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X