Late filing by applicant to respondant for trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late filing by applicant to respondant for trial

I did an updated financial and served the applicant with it,while there at office ,I asked about the trial record and their updated financial ,as her income has changed drastically ,.
    I need the updated financial to figure out cs for her to pay but i can roughly guess at it.

We are in trial next week ,her lawyer asked if I would consent on them late filing so we could go ahead to trial.

I emailed back and said i could not consent to late filing as i would not have enough time to go over the paperwork for trial.
    So my question now is ,was this a good response and will the judge accept a remand ,i would like to ask for an interim of cs also..
    Any thoughts would be greatful,, tough times ....

One would think that accepting a late filing would be better than having nothing to reply to at all. If you have her general income range you could provide a CS calculation for a few numbers around there -pending confirmation of her income via disclosure at trial?

Comment

They dropped off a copy of trial record in my mailbox ,, no updated financial ,
      Would it be right for me to ask for adjournment until applicant gets proper financial update ,trial is next week. thanks

Comment

I found out later that the trial record was served to my daughter and the server was very rude to her and upset her ,in her application it was stated not to involve our children, sent an email to them today about it.
        Also it is not trial ,just got the call and is and trial mangement brief,so i filled out a 17e and served to applicant ...

Comment

How old is your daughter?

Comment

not sure why that would matter as it was served to her and not myself,, and 18

Comment

It would matter because documents cannot legally be served via a minor.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X