No announcement yet.

Question on CS school for adult child.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on CS school for adult child.

My youngest son who is turning 21 in September has been out of school since the end of 2012. He was away playing junior hockey not living at home 8 months of the year and I was paying full CS which I argued and even wanted to put it in my sons bank account so I know he was getting it. My ex had my son lie about him being in school full time that fall semester which I knew he was only taking 2 courses which was part time. She wouldn't disclose it either. I was told to go f--k myself! Usually when I wanted to know anything that was the response. Anyway, In January 2013 thru my lawyer we had a summary judgement done to end child support because he wasn't in school anymore and I had two months of over payment come back to me but all I did was hold back almost two months of SS until everything was even. My question is if he decides to go back to school this September, after being out of school for almost two years, could she go after child support? I have asked repeatedly but my son constantly ignores me. She's done a number on both my sons where we were really close at one time. Way more to the story but that don't matter as I've moved on with my life and couldn't be more happier. It still hurts that my sons are the way they are. My youngest has $7500 from hockey toward his education if he decides to use it. I've also tried to encourage him into an electrical apprenticeship but doesn't want to do anything. If anyone could answer the reintroduction of CS after being out of school for some time.. Thx!

She/he can pursue anything they want via the courts. Whether they'd be successful or not is another story.

I don't think they'd have much success if they did pursue it. More importantly, it's a huge risk to undertake and I'm willing to bet they won't pursue it given the risk.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X