Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does she find these suckers?!?

Ok just have to rant here.... since nobody else would hear me out

I'm happily divorced, one son. Emailed his mother about weekend pick up, she says she be at her new boyfriends house for the pick up, and gives me the address.

google street view it so I can find it, don't know that area - and OF COURSE its an nice sized, up scale house. (ps he has a newer luxury car as well) She's dated a long string of guys, each one being better off than the next.. cops, engineers, nurses, superintendents, lawyers, .... I have one of those 4 jobs, so its not that I'm jealous of their success.. I have "pre-FRO" success..

This guy has 2 young kids and an ex wife too, so obviously he didn't get shanked with lifestyle destroying, crippling levels of spousal support.

Now its not that I care about the guys, its nice she's meeting guys who can support her lifestyle in the future , it makes me feel like a first class sucker, as she is working part time, while she collects ~$3,500 a month from me, and I live in an apartment, and drive a crap box car.

ok thats good for now

Originally posted by movingON1975 View Post
    Ok just have to rant here.... since nobody else would hear me out

I'm happily divorced, one son. Emailed his mother about weekend pick up, she says she be at her new boyfriends house for the pick up, and gives me the address.

google street view it so I can find it, don't know that area - and OF COURSE its an nice sized, up scale house. (ps he has a newer luxury car as well) She's dated a long string of guys, each one being better off than the next.. cops, engineers, nurses, superintendents, lawyers, .... I have one of those 4 jobs, so its not that I'm jealous of their success.. I have "pre-FRO" success..

This guy has 2 young kids and an ex wife too, so obviously he didn't get shanked with lifestyle destroying, crippling levels of spousal support.

Now its not that I care about the guys, its nice she's meeting guys who can support her lifestyle in the future , it makes me feel like a first class sucker, as she is working part time, while she collects ~$3,500 a month from me, and I live in an apartment, and drive a crap box car.

ok thats good for now
    sometimes perception vs reality is the kicker. He may seem like he is doing well but who knows really what kind of debts, loans and whatever he may have.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      sometimes perception vs reality is the kicker. He may seem like he is doing well but who knows really what kind of debts, loans and whatever he may have.
      Very true... then they would be a match!

Comment

And has she had any long term success? Its easy to find some rich guy who wants to use you for sex every now and then but ultimately they drop her yes?

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          And has she had any long term success? Its easy to find some rich guy who wants to use you for sex every now and then but ultimately they drop her yes?
          Well played.

See I knew I came to the right place to vent....

Comment

I was also going to say it could be fake too. She knows someone to have you meet her at their house to make you feel bad.

As my partner says...he doesnt care what his ex does or who she sees because he doesnt have to wake up beside her (or in the same house as her) anymore.

Just shake your head over her antics. Because thats what they are!

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
              $5.00 millionaire type are a dime-a-dozen. Pretty much anyone can get a car loan for a vehicle they can't afford. Chances are his mommy & daddy paid his way through school and he has a trust fund. Failing that he just has a bigger line of credit than you do (mortgaged to the nuts) and likes to live on the edge.

The guy is probably envious of you. You don't have to take the bitch out for expensive meals to get laid anymore.

Comment

Finding guy that will have sex with you is not a major accomplishment for a woman it just means you aren't hideous. If she finds a rich guy to MARRY her and put himself is support payment liability would be when I would start wondering....

Any divorced women is going get a serious level of skepticism from any successful man especially if they are divorced. Every (90+%) divorced guy who isn't broke is paying their ex-wife something and I am sure don't want to repeat it.

I will say this though that I do read about court cases where guys are getting raped on their second divorces too, makes you wonder....

Comment

If she's got $3500 coming in a month that she doesn't have to do anything for, maybe he thinks he's using her!

If she does end up repartnering with one of these guys, it shouldn't be too hard for you to get yourself off the spousal support hook either.

But if you do learn where she finds them, let me know, as I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                    If she's got $3500 coming in a month that she doesn't have to do anything for, maybe he thinks he's using her!

If she does end up repartnering with one of these guys, it shouldn't be too hard for you to get yourself off the spousal support hook either.

But if you do learn where she finds them, let me know, as I'm obviously doing something wrong.
                    I thoroughly doubt he is using her for money, that is a one way deal in many relationships for today. I was actually thinking the other day why relationships with well paid women don't work. Maybe its because they sort of resent having to share (social programming) whereas men are trained to "provide for the family".

I also bet we can count on our hands the number of women who trade down from spousal support to New partner support. Sure they might risk SS when there is a new guy who can give them way more but if there is a chance they lose their SS for not much more "New partner support" they will make sure to never cohabit (like we have seen here).

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                      Plenty of Fish, apparently. She must be running a baby-sitting service too, because she watches these guys kids while they go out...

It's just frustrating, to see my money going out the door to someone whom has never had a bone of ambition in their life. Let me be clear, if she had actually given up a career to stay home, that would be a different story. I would get it, there would have been a financial loss as compared to not having stayed home.

The deal was she was going to stay home from her minimum wage job until our son was full-time school. He started school, and she refused to go back to work, or for some kind of educational program... wanted to be a SAH mom, for a child who was full time school.

Now she is getting more money per year from me than she has EVER made in her life. ie child and spousal support together "pays" her $20.19 an hour (40 hours x 52 weeks) to troll Plenty of Fish for the next sucker.

Thanks for your support here, I cant talk to my girlfriend about this, me having to give half of my net pay to my ex is a bit of a sore point. She's divorced too, but no kids... and no support, since she is an adult who can nicely support herself, as can her ex husband.

thanks all

Comment

How long are you on the hook for the spousal?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                          The guy is probably envious of you. You don't have to take the bitch out for expensive meals to get laid anymore.
                          You mean that one time a year she wants to get some. Haaha

Comment

Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
                            How long are you on the hook for the spousal?
                            7 years, have paid 0.75 years already. Married for 8 n change.

I had voluntarily been paying her support for 2 years, but I got bent over backwards on that deal.

She refused to acknowledge the support in the final agreement for tax purposes or "time credits". The support I was paying her was table minus bill payments (visa, LOC, her car) she dropped in my lap, before I went bankrupt.

Her lawyer filed a motion for back support, etc.. was claiming that I had rung up all the joint debt, etc etc etc.

That experience left me feeling like a human ATM.

I had income imputed against her, for twice of her NOAs. How often do you hear of a support recipient having income imputed against them? I think that's very telling of the situation....

Comment

I can't get over the part where you owe her 7 years for 8 years of marriage.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X