X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband keeps running away and lying.

Hello,

Have been cheated on in the past 6 years. Married for 36 years. I have been trying to resolve things with him such as divorce or an agreement and he keeps running away to another country and blaming it on work. He could be out with the mistress and back home here I am running out of money to pay the bills, no calls or answers from him on when he will be returning back to solve this situation.

What if he never comes back to take care all of this?

What can I do?

Please advice

Originally posted by sobeit View Post
    Hello,

Have been cheated on in the past 6 years. Married for 36 years. I have been trying to resolve things with him such as divorce or an agreement and he keeps running away to another country and blaming it on work. He could be out with the mistress and back home here I am running out of money to pay the bills, no calls or answers from him on when he will be returning back to solve this situation.

What if he never comes back to take care all of this?

What can I do?

Please advice

First of all you need to get past the cheating part, courts do not recognize spousal cheating in regards to any punitive measures. As for his running away for work, or the fact you believe he's just doing it to avoid you, rely on facts, not your beliefs, you would need to prove this.

I would find a lawyer, bring in your facts and start from there. The more you delay this the more time is going by and depleting your bank account.

Are you working? If not, then you nay need to get a job to help pay your bills in the meantime? Are there any children that are that would require CS? Then you could file a motion for that.

The key is time, and you need to start the ball rolling by getting motions filed, requiring his appearance at court, there he can answer questions in front of judge. The more you just wait for him to respond to your call or messages, more time you're wasting.

I know it's a bit overwhelming, but not to sound like a hard ass here, but get over it and press on, now!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X