X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex gets boring?

Inspired by a post in diff. section;

I remember when me and my ex were together, we used to have sex few times a week and I would be turned on just by him kissing me.

After 2 years, everything got old and boring. I don't even know the last time i felt "horny" when we were in bed. We stopped french kissing, whenever he would try doing so, I would feel weird and shy.

Is this normal or am I just weird? I just couldn't become horny after awhile. So we stopped being intimate with each other.

How about you guys? Does this sound typical?

Julie,

Interesting thread!

just an opinion

That happens to a lot of couples. They become bored!

When that does occur, speak to your partner and try new things or go on a exotic vacation or getaway with your partner. A change of scenery does wonders.

The secret to a great relationship is to communicate with your partner and speak your mind good or bad for better or worse. This would include your sexual desires and fantasies also. Good communication is a two way street!

Comment

hmmm... I'm guessing I'd have a more intelligent response to your question if I could just remember what sex is.....

Comment

I remember WAY back when we use to have it several times a day, then a couple of times a week and NOW, well dang well gone dry!

One thing we men must understand is the fundamental differences that drives both men and women to want to have sex.

For men, it's easy, one stroke and the engine roars to life! For women, it's like a flight checklist ... in other words before the engine roars to life for a woman, there are certain things that must be done OUTSIDE the bedroom!

Ah, I only wish God would give women a hefty dose of testosterone for a day so that women would know what it's like for men to be driven to want to have sex ...

Sasha1 ... thats a great response!

I was concerned that LogicalVelocity would cite some case law on this one!

This is all too typical for many couples ... but there is always hope that one can find, build and maintain a great sex life, if they know what it takes.

Hubby

Comment

Very interesting topic. I know when the hubby and I got a little bored with what we were doing we found books on the topicand talked it out. That seemed to help. Until the kid came...

Comment

I think it is important for men to remember that women often wish that they could 'want' sex as much as men typically do. Too many men think 'poor me' because their wives have lost interest in sex. Men have to stop and think how difficult it would be to lose interest in sex and WISH they COULD be more interested.

Comment

Sex? What's that!?

Married my first and only boyfriend and we've been separated over 3 years....it's been a loooooooooooooong while

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with boredom, but also with any kind of breakdown in the marriage, too. I couldn't get into it after my ex cheated the first time. The trust was gone, and trust is a huge issue in bed. I thought it was my fault at the time, though, because I'd just had our daughter and I thought that childbirth had changed me in some way, because I didn't care if I ever had sex again. A year after separation, however, I am in a positive, loving, honest and open relationship and the sex is, for me, better than ever before, because of the emotional connection.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X