Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pursuing the NOA! Help with the forms

Looking to get a copy of Ex's NOA.

So I researched and found a post by Tayken ( thanks for giving the best info). It was a while back but I think it still applies.

Downloaded the form and now i have form filling in questions.

1. Original my daughter was the respondent but for this is now the applicant as she is filling in the request? The court order indicates that NOA and Tax Returns shall be exchange June 1st but in the same sentence it states that the amount of child support payable by the applicant to the respondent... Etc etc. So can we include just the first part of the sentence or do we include the whole paragraph. Will that confuse things if she is now,the applicant but the paragraph reads the other way around?

2. Neither have lawyers at this time so I assume we can leave that blank.

3. The original jurisdiction was in another city but Mother and child have resided in current city for 16 months now, so can we use local court?

I believe once the applicant, always the applicant, no matter who does what in the future. So your daughter is still respondent.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in here, because I can't find where I saw that.

Comment

Rioe is correct. Occasionally a judge with appeals court will alter that but they always specify.

If someone doesn't want to produce a NOA isn't it easier to get employment documents? I'd prefer the employment documents, estimate income based on that (which will of course be higher than their NOA) and then let the other person scramble to produce reasoning for a lower income.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        Rioe is correct. Occasionally a judge with appeals court will alter that but they always specify.

If someone doesn't want to produce a NOA isn't it easier to get employment documents? I'd prefer the employment documents, estimate income based on that (which will of course be higher than their NOA) and then let the other person scramble to produce reasoning for a lower income.
        How d you get someones employment documents. Do you requesting a copy of payroll? Not in the agreement so definetly will not be giving that out.

Comment

I'm curious also about obtaining employment documents. Exchange of NOA and income tax returns were due May 1st 2013 and I'm still asking.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X