X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Variation Order help

Hi all!
    Just like to thank everyone involved with this site. Going through the various processes can be overwhelming an leave you feeling alone.

I'm a support payor. I have always paid my support. In 2007, I was seriously hurt at work(back). At the time, I was working two jobs to cover my life's responsibilities along with covering my child support. I managed to do modified work while I received medical treatment. (Full salary)
    After three and a half years of unsuccessful treatment, a surgeon decided an operation was needed. September 1st, I had a disk removed and part of my spine cut away in order to provide relief. WSIB was now responsible now for my salary. Unfortunately, WSIB only pays 85% of your net income and since I had been working two jobs, my income was reduced by 30%.
    I contacted the Recalculation Office(PEI) to inform them of my financial circumstances but unfortunately they could do nothing to adjust my payments. (Even though I provided a document from WSIB listing my income, start and an indefinite end date.)
    I was informed that I needed to file a Support Variation Order with the ISO Unit. Does anyone have any tips or provide assistance filing these forms?

Your surgery sounds painful. Go to your court house and ask the nice people behind the counter. They should be able to help you. If not, do you have a FLIC in your area? Family Law info center. They can't give legal advice but the can tell you what forms to fill out.

I miss my daughter too!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X