cross motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross motion

i need advise how to do a cross motion. My ex filed a motion to reduce CS. I want to file cross motion and add travel , or applying for passport and other little things like section 7 expenses. Can i do that in response to his motion? and how do i do that?

Yes you can. I believe you would just prep and serve the notice of motion with your reply to their notice.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
      Yes you can. I believe you would just prep and serve the notice of motion with your reply to their notice.
      And I would also add consult a lawyer.

Comment

I am not sure what jurisdiction you are in. If you need to have a motion date assigned by the trial co-ordinator, make sure that you fill in the proper form that ticks off the "will there be a cross-motion?" box. My lawyer(when I had one) forgot to do this for my cross-motion and it royally screwed me. I had to get special permission from opposing counsel and from the judge to present my motion in relation to theirs. I agree with Tayken...at the very least get some free advice so that you fill in the papers correctly. Apparently even the most knowledgeable make mistakes.

Comment

There are duty counsel at the court house that could guide you and give you advise. Im sure you can bring all these issue on a cross motion.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X