The stones keep rolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stones keep rolling

In my application I stated that the child should continue same school and the reasons for. Grade 4 next year it is. Also, offset child support to be paid by the mother. The child did miss lot of school especially in the first 6 months but a lot of times it was the mom who would not take him to school because he would feel sick or for other reasons. I don't think she did it on purpose like out of laziness or whatever.

However, in her response to me she solely blamed me for that. She cannot drive the child to school because it is too far, it interferes with her work. Her parents lie in area A where the school of her nephew is. Her sisters move to area B some 10-15 minutes drive. She found an apartment close to her sisters. Her place of choice has nothing to do with her job. When I asked her why didn't she move closer to the child's school, she replied that she doesn't wanna be far from her family.

So, one of the reasons she wants the kid in her school is the distance and the false blame she put on me for attendance.

She makes much more money than I do. She replied she wants child support from me. It turned out that their helper in her brother's company makes more than she does. ( I wish I could find out how much). She is paid some $12 and much much more under the table to avoid offset child support.

Looks like I might end up paying her. Nice

Have you guys not been to court already about schooling? This seems to be an ongoing issue and if he is going into grade 4, why hasn't this been established yet? Has he attended the same school since jk? Does she not have to prove a material change? Just because she wants to move out of the school district doesn't mean the child follows.

As for the under the table thing. I would let it go. Unless you plan on spending thousand to get a little bit of cs from her. Yes it sucks, but you're going to be spending more than you will recoup. How much off set will you have to pay her?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes but never filed for school definitely. Always year by year. Now I am filing all the way to grade 6, as the child never changed his school.

I can let nothing go cuz she is after child support too now lol. Child spends with me 70% of the time and everything is on me, she never got him pair of socks let alone some jeans and T's. If she wins offset it will be around $200

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X