This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion please

I have an opinion, the last two nights my son has called me.
    (he is three, he calls each night to talk and say how his day went and say goodnight)
    So the first night this started he would not say a word to me, nothing , i and my separted wife could not get him to talk to me,)
    Last night he calls again, and he says " Mommy, i don`t want to talk to Daddy"
    "Mommy I don`t like Daddy, he repeated this twice, and I was shocked.
    My wife tried to get him to talk to me and he would not, he then said, I want to go" and that was it.
    She did call me to tell me she had no idea why he was acting like that the last two mights- my son and I were very close, and I am just wondering if anyone feels that someone has said something to him , he called me earlier Sunday and was very freindly and was very happy with me.
    I know that me wife- ex/ would never say anything like that to him, she is a very good Mom that way- very good- any ideas???
    Thanks,

I wouldn't read too much into this, he is only three! Perhaps on the nights when he doesnt want to talk, you could call him in the morning after he's had a good nights sleep. 3 year olds can be very unpredictable.

Nice to hear you speak so well of your ex. It is so important to the child that you support each other as parents.

Comment

From this story, I don't get the impression that your wife coached him or said anything to get him to turn against you. Seems like she was genuinely baffled along with you. Not knowing your wife nor what she does, I have to go with how the story reads.

As Grace said, he is only 3 and he is probably hurt and upset and confused by the entire seperation thing. Since you are not there all the time he is likely upset with you even if he does not know why.

If you have no reason to suspect your wife of doing anything like leading him, I would just assume it is him being a confused and hurt 3 yeard old. You need to be patient with him and continue to try and reach out to him every chance you get, even if he turns away. He will come around eventually.

Comment

thanks

Spoke to our son tonite, he was in a great mood.
        I appreciate that advice, my ex is a great Mom, and we have had issues all along, trust on her end was already a problem before we met, when my mental health starting falling- (nothing physical at all) I started really hiding it, and our the window went her trust....
        We were really really good friends, and she said is taking one day at a time...
        Our son called me tonite, and was very happy to talk to me.
        I was really in shock at hearing him say what he said the nigth prior...
        Thanks,

Comment

That's great news!!! Your son was most likely just having a "bad day" in the life of a 3 year old!

He's lucky to have two parents that care about him so much, and put his needs first.

Comment

appreciate that

Thanks,
            I spent so... much time with him before all of this happened.
            So, to not hear from him for a day, or not know how his day went and how much fun he had etc... is really tough.
            I left when this mess happened, we knew that we both would cause too much conflict with both of us staying in the house, my wife was still nursing our daughter on top of that, and we did not want to cause stress to the kids.
            We, my wife and I were best freinds, and I have been told that people are shocked I am contributing, the way I am, bills etc..
            I hate missing out on our Daughters firsts, and not seeing our Son more than anything, i just wish the lines of communication were better between my wife and I right now -she `s got a huge heart and I can`t imagine, though - her working and looking after the kids and the lifestyle change that has gone along with it...
            I did not hear from him but we agreed not to pressure him to call and talk.
            Thanks again,

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X