Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communication Clause - What Does Yours Say?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication Clause - What Does Yours Say?

Do you have a clause regarding communication in your order or agreement?

Specifically, I'm interested in a "written communication only" clause, and also an "access to child's information directly from service providers" clause.

Basically, my husband wants to ask the court to add 2 clauses to his court order:

1. That the parties will only communication via written methods (i.e. email);

2. That the Father shall have unrestricted access to his child's information directly from the service providers (e.g., teachers, doctors, dentists, etc.)

We are curious to know how other judges have phrased the above in court orders, so that we can request the same.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'd suggest also,

2b) The father may make his own appointments to meet personally with any professionals and government bodies involved in the child's care and education.

2c) On request, the mother will sign a consent to release information regarding the child's care and education from any professionals or government bodies.

2d) The father will receive prompt medical/education/care file updates. If the service provider is unwilling to provide these updates, the mother will provide the updates herself.

c) added because my BF (NCP) is unable to obtain OHIP records for his kid without mom's written consent. OHIP says privacy concerns trump parental info access rules.

d) added because daycare refuses to double communications to 2 parents

Comment

"Both parties are able to communicate and recieve documentation from any party or institution involved in the childrens lives."

"There be no contact between the parties except via a communication booklet or other form of written communication. Parties are to exchange information only in relation to the children, Such as medical and/or educational information.""

~Directly from my court order~

Comment

This is one of those areas of family law where parents irresponsibly proxy away their responsiblities to the children to an order or agreement that is obsolete mere weeks or months after getting out of court.

The high conflict that arises by being in court feeds these ridiculous clauses. Sure, the parties are not happy about the court grinder mill and a lot of the resentment, anger, mistrust, or whatever feelings that comes out of being in court require such a clause, at least initially.

But if the parents are still unable to communicate after a reasonable cooling off period (think weeks or a couple of months) once court involvement is over and a final order issued, then they are most certainly NOT child-centred and should be ashamed of themselves for not finding a way.

To abdicate one's parental responsibilty and not be able to communicate in a mature manner for the sake of your kids after court is done and gone shows incredible immaturity and selfishness. To then rely on a court order months and years later to justify that behaviour is beyond the pale.

LAME!!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X