This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts or What??

hey.....Many of you will understand how hard it was for me to leave my home,as you might have read my "not out of the house article".Well,I finally made it out,and stayed for 10 days.Saw my lawyer,changed my bank accounts etc.I crashed at my daughters,sleeping on the couch.When I returned to get car papers etc. in order,my husband talked me into trying this one more time.

My worry is this...who will get the house?We sold the trailer and paid off the small loan we had(for the car),and got very little for it.With my husbands spending history,this is what we do every 6 months.He buys a vehicle,fixes it up,sells and buys another.....hence,he has no money left from his first marriage.

If I stay,I'm telling him we will no longer depend on the monthly income from my late husbands estate.The lawyer tells me it is mine,and if I want some security in case this man dies before me,I need to let it alone and stop taking funds out from it....................just getting this off my chest...

If you stay

If you stay I would not only worry about your income....I would worry about your relationship. From your past post, marriage counseling may help. Consider the following:

Have you gone to marriage counseling?
    Have you and your spouse taken the time to talk and isolate the real problems of the marriage?
    Do you really listen to each other or just nag, complain and tune out?
    How well do you compromise and try to find time for enjoying quality time together?
    How productive or destructive are your methods of fighting?
    Do you kiss and make up without holding grudges?
    Are you teammates working toward the same goals?
    Are you both willing to work on your issues together?

Counseling would help with all the above.

I wish you all the best.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X