Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:18 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Form 13

Adjustment for child support.
Form 13:

They ask for everything on this.....rent, monthly groceries, internet, cell, amounts spent on kids clothes and kids entertainment.

What if I spend $0 on clothes and $0 on entertainment for them.

How do these numbers affect child support?

thank-you.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:41 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Its a financial statement to give a judge a snapshot of expenses. They are barely looked at unless questioned like a parson who earns $2000 per month spending $1000 on entertainment, meals out, clothing, personal care etc.

It also can also be used to show hardship for those with other child support, loans debts health care etc.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:53 PM

DHTO is on a distinguished road

My ex put down $150 per month at the LCBO. At $10-15 per bottle of wine, thats 3 glasses of wine a day EVERY day.

Hmmm...
Old 10-21-2021, 07:40 AM

LMum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHTO View Post
My ex put down $150 per month at the LCBO. At $10-15 per bottle of wine, thats 3 glasses of wine a day EVERY day.

Hmmm...
Your math is off. Even if she was buying the cheapest $10, that 15 bottles a month. With ~ 3 glasses per bottle, that 1.5 glasses a day. Which is not unreasonable. A glass at dinner, maybe an extra one on the weekend. And to be honest, there not a whole lot of wine anymore that $10 or less.

Sorry nothing to do with this thread, and nothing wrong with a glass of wine at dinner.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:49 AM

........aaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbcccccccccccc
Old 10-21-2021, 10:25 AM

DHTO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMum View Post
Your math is off. Even if she was buying the cheapest $10, that 15 bottles a month. With ~ 3 glasses per bottle, that 1.5 glasses a day. Which is not unreasonable. A glass at dinner, maybe an extra one on the weekend. And to be honest, there not a whole lot of wine anymore that $10 or less.

Sorry nothing to do with this thread, and nothing wrong with a glass of wine at dinner.
A bottle is 26 ounces, and a typical glass is 5 ounces. Are you thinking of one of those big 9 ounce balloon glasses?

Maybe I'm a commoner but I see most wines in the 10.95-13.95 range? I'm not talking about the vintages $30+.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:03 AM

LMum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHTO View Post
A bottle is 26 ounces, and a typical glass is 5 ounces. Are you thinking of one of those big 9 ounce balloon glasses?

Maybe I'm a commoner but I see most wines in the 10.95-13.95 range? I'm not talking about the vintages $30+.
Did you count her drinks as well when you were together?
Old 10-21-2021, 12:13 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

These posts go back to my original point that all the financial statements do is draw criticism on things being spent on.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Its a financial statement to give a judge a snapshot of expenses. They are barely looked at unless questioned like a parson who earns $2000 per month spending $1000 on entertainment, meals out, clothing, personal care etc.

It also can also be used to show hardship for those with other child support, loans debts health care etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
These posts go back to my original point that all the financial statements do is draw criticism on things being spent on.
a) Not in this thread.

b) A bottle of wine is 5 glasses.

c) @$14 is a fair price for wine but maybe she likes to spend $20
Regardless she is a lush. but the judge likely drinks more so it is OK.