No announcement yet.

Going for restraining order today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't filed the papers yet. I want to confirm with the police once and for all which story to believe...is he dangerous or not. I believe his record will have a lot to do with getting the order. The investigator is calling me back today.

My exwife is still denying my access to my 12 year old. She had her parents watching him on Sunday and they would only turn over my youngest son. Yesterday I went to pick him up from school and she pulled him from school early.

Should I keep trying to pick him up? Should I keep sending emails telling her of my intention to exercise my court ordered parenting time?

Comment

If someone had used those words with me, and police would not persue charges at my insistance - I would be looking at filing a complaint with their governing board.

The test is whether or not you fear for your safety - not whether its 'he said - she said'.

Failing police action, get your hands on the incident number (and copy of the paperwork if possible) and attend court one day. Speak to a Justice of the Peace, and persue charges through that method.

Comment

Teddie
        Make sure you are relentless with the police and if necessary go up the ladder. Police departments dont like complaints, also contact the ombudsman.
        Understand this clearly, because you are a man your work will be more difficult.
        My ex wife is now a convicted felon on 3 counts of assault. Not to get into the gritty details but she is a complete phsycho. She actually shoved a 76 yr old man to the ground so she could walk over him to punch another women in the face, punched her husband and then kicked me in the sack, a true lovely gem!
        What I found is that the men police did not seem to care to much. I can only think maybe they feel a women doing this is not really a true crime, you know, a guy can protect himself.
        I remember clearly last fall running down a highway with her in pursuit calling 911. Police showed up 5 friggin hours later.

Until Im completely done, I know this is crazy, I have a gopro on me. My house has 2 trail cams and I am always cognitive of my surroundings.

Im still working on getting her probabtion officer to slap her down. Apparantly chasing somone, breaking into the home, calling mutual friends is not indirect contact. Its all quite nuts.
        What makes it worse maybe is I am an in shape guy who looks tough.
        BTW, I made headway when I finally made my case to a women Crown and a women OPP. The women seem to get it that violence is violence and it doesn't matter what sex.
        Good Luck.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X