Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a certified copy of final order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a certified copy of final order?

To get a certified true copy of my final order, do I just go to the courthouse family law center?

My work requires a certified true copy of the order for pension division purposes.

Thank you!

I'd start at the file clerk's office. The FLIC office (that I'm forced to deal with) is pretty useless imo. Maybe yours is better. But I'd go to where the files are kept. Those people seem to know what they are doing. A copy should have been mailed to you but there's no guarantee. I never did get a "stamped/certifed" copy of the custody/access order so I should probably get in line and do the same. I did however get (eventually) a stamped copy of the Final Judgment re: Trial/CS.

Comment

I called the court house where the matter was heard and they directed me to the clerk that handles family law. I gave my name a file number; it was waiting for me at the front window the next day

Comment

My work requires a certified true copy of the order for pension division purposes.
        People often submit three copies of an Order for the judge to sign - one for the endorsement folder and one for each party.

Once you have an original copy, you can have that notarized at any law office. The going rate for a notarial letter and stamp tends to be in the $50-75 range.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
          People often submit three copies of an Order for the judge to sign - one for the endorsement folder and one for each party.

Once you have an original copy, you can have that notarized at any law office. The going rate for a notarial letter and stamp tends to be in the $50-75 range.
          I was able to get a certified true copy at the court house, at no expense. Is this uncommon? I required it in order to aquire passports for the children. I initially contacted the law office and they directed me to the court office.

It is a certified true copy of the order with a court seal.

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three View Post
            I was able to get a certified true copy at the court house, at no expense. Is this uncommon? I required it in order to aquire passports for the children. I initially contacted the law office and they directed me to the court office.

It is a certified true copy of the order with a court seal.
            Thanks everyone. I am heading to the court house tomorrow to pick up a certified copy.

Comment

You (or your lawyer, if you are represented) will get a copy when it's issued. If you need an additional copy, you can get one from the court clerk.

There is USUALLY a nominal fee for photocopying it. (Here in NB it's $0.50/page).

If you have your court file number, it will make the search easier. If you do not, they can look it up via your name typically.

I always SCAN a copy of the order electronically, so I can reprint it later as needed. Things get lost quickly in my house

As long as the copy bears the judges signature and the court seal/stamp on it, any place that requires it will accept it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X