Covid Vaccination for kids 8 and 11.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nofrills View Post
    I really like the idea of just getting them vaccinated, but worried about the future consequences and if it could be used against me in the future or if I would lose decision making rights.
    Maybe your ex changed their mind and getting vaccinated isn't such a big deal for them now.

The consensus was:
    1. Book a vaccination appointment for the children.
    2. Notify the ex about the date and that you will proceed unless they object.
    My add on: 3. Give them a reminder every week and into total give them at least 3 weeks.

You will need to add one more step, consult with the doctor to see what they think the timing of the vaccination should be. There may be another version come March.

This puts the ball in their court. They can object to them getting vaccinated and you take this objection and put it in your motion OR they say nothing and the kids are vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Ya you might want to check your data. Majority of cases in the hospital and ICU are unvaccinated. Not to mention those fully vaccinated in hospital and dying have co-morbidities like diabetes, heart conditions, lung disease, transplants etc.

More than likely the illness of the poster was the result of his immunity waning which experts have said will happen. All this extra effort was probably why he wasn�t able to get boosted. Not to mention they all would have had reduced illness impact if the kids and mom had been vaccinated.

Go read your copy of Druthers and adjust your tin hat.

I'm from Ontario. This data can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

In ICU:
      Unvaccinated cases: 157
      Partially: 19
      Fully vaccinated: 167

In hospital but not ICU:
      Unvaccinated cases: 674
      Partially vaccinated cases: 163
      Fully vaccinated cases: 1813

You are correct, the majority of people with covid do have 4 or more co-morbidities which means it doesn't affect healthy people the same way as people with co-morbidities.

Perhaps you should do some research instead of just watching the mainstream media which is doing nothing but trying to instill fear in people.

Comment

Covid Vaccination for kids 8 and 11.

I get my data from the Ontario Science Table.

https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/ontario-dashboard/

If you scroll down they have some really good charts showing the actual comparisons.

Vaccinated individuals can still get it but their risk of severe disease and outcomes is lower. Which was what the drug companies said from the get go.

Comment

Unless there's a medical exemption, even if it's made up by the other parent, feel free to skip mediation and just get your child vaxxed. If medical concerns are raised, then a motion would be reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by gzy039 View Post
            Wow..just wow. It could have all been avoided if the kids were just vaxed? You have indicated you are vaxed and are now testing positive? You do realize you still have to isolate? You can still catch and spread covid if you are vaxed. So not quite sure how you feel it could have been avoided? The majority of the cases in hospital are vaxed.
            I have been in self-quarantine since Christmas eve and still in isolation for at least another 5 days.

I think the vaccine does protect you for short interactions. On Christmas eve, we were with 6 other family members. (10 person limit at the time) All other 6 family members vaccinated and none contracted Covid. I think they are in the clear since it's been +15 days. My daughter tested positive that night after our family gathering.

I was caring for both my daughter and son. So, I had high exposure and a higher probability of getting covid, even with a vaccine. Luckily, I am well and only have a dry cough. My un-vaxxed ex was sick for 4 days and is still recovering.

So from my un-scientific experience, the vaccine did protect my 6 other family members and even though it didn't fully protected me from covid, it did not knock me out for 4 days or cause long term illness.

Comment

Originally posted by gzy039 View Post
              I'm from Ontario. This data can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

In ICU:
              Unvaccinated cases: 157
              Partially: 19
              Fully vaccinated: 167
              Do you think that this data shows that vaccinations are not effective?

Comment

All y'all are getting sucked in by anti-vaxx lunacy that has nothing to do with court. You will never convince each other.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
                  All y'all are getting sucked in by anti-vaxx lunacy that has nothing to do with court. You will never convince each other.
                  It is funny when antivaxxers post data that shows that vaccines work though, thinking that they are proving their point.

Comment

https://www.newsweek.com/unvaccinate...quebec-1669071

Comment

Quebec
                      Don't have all the details but there was another post at the beginning of this thread.

The ruling sounds like an anti-vaxxer meme come true:
                      "The judge's noted that the child had received two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, but said that wasn't enough to allow access to the father."

The mother may be hysterical or just toxic; who knows about the father.

Here is another one where the father has abducted his kid to avoid them from getting vaccinated; he can't accept the reality of it, kid will be vaccinated at one point (sounds very dystopian):
                      https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...-dad-1.6311123

Lesson is....even if you think it is evil it is a bitter pill you must swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                        Are you aware that the chance of death from the covid vaccine for a healthy child is statistically 0%, right? And that the data on covid infection is limited?

I'm just kidding, kids have actually died from covid, not a single kid has died from the vaccine.
                        Why don't you listen to this dad's heart-breaking story from rural Ontario, then tell me what you think.

They cut it from the Toronto Board of Health recording since yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmYR9WvlSI0
                        Dan Hartman's story at 2:09:30

If you want to know what they cut, here's the footage:

https://rumble.com/vsx2j4-dads-tearf...ng-vaxxed.html

Comment

There is a saying:

"You cannot use reason to change the mind of somebody who did not use reason to arrive at his position in the first place"

Antivaxxers come from a place of little to no medical education. They cannot be argued with, or reasoned with, because their position does not come from a place of reason.

Comment

There is a saying:

"You cannot use reason to change the mind of somebody who did not use reason to arrive at his position in the first place"

Antivaxxers come from a place of little to no medical education. They cannot be argued with, or reasoned with, because their position does not come from a place of reason.
                            A guy's kid drops dead a few days after getting the vaccine with no medical explanation. Dad's story gets censored. I provided you with a counter-example to your claim that no kids had died from the vaccine. I'm not saying the man's story is proof of anything but it should cause open minds to ask questions and investigate until they find answers.

Comment

There is likely a medical explanation, but the father is misinformed as to causation or the underlying cause not identified.

Comment

^^^This is a stereotype and is absolutely untrue.
                                Plenty of uneducated stupid people on both sides.
                                Here is another saying: Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Just saying that part of the post served no purpose and was offensive.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X