Case of P. Alienation/Police enforcement - older children: A case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case of P. Alienation/Police enforcement - older children: A case

While I was looking for a few cases for the fellow on the other thread I happened across this one which some many find interesting.

Case contains an abundance of references to other cases (and even cites one of Tayken's favorite judge)

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...resultIndex=12

This is a bit of a lengthy read.

..and could you post one with the same set of facts reversed for mother and father ?

Comment

yes I could but you could look for one yourself

I would think you liked this one. Have you read it yet?

Comment

"The order incorporates, on consent, the terms of an arbitration award dated February 11, 2015"

"The police were called on to enforce the order in respect of the younger son only. They made some attempts, but did not persist."

"The Chief of Police, Toronto Police Service, has moved to remove the police enforcement provisions from the order, on technical legal grounds and on the merits"

"The final custody order of this court made on February 17, 2015 is rescinded in its entirety. There will be an order that no person has rights respecting the custody of or access to either of the children under any statute or any non statutory jurisdiction of the court."

Just crazy. How can you reinforce teenagers? No one can. No wonder Chief of Police Toronto made a move. Taxpayers money wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          yes I could but you could look for one yourself
          Here : https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...&resultIndex=1

Court ordered child to attend reunification program.

I would think you liked this one. Have you read it yet?
          I think you will really like the one I just posted.

Comment

One common denominator would probably be in these lengthy cases (with the reunification centers and extensive counselling) is that parents are wealthy.

Interesting though.

I favor the old school thinking - ship em off to boarding school and then to university LOL

Comment

One common denominator would probably be in these lengthy cases (with the reunification centers and extensive counselling) is that parents are wealthy.

Interesting though.

I favor the old school thinking - ship em off to boarding school and then to university LOL
              It can get worse. When I was looking for a new lawyer following the parting of the ways with my old one, A lawyer I consulted with works as OCL and mentioned she recently had a case that the child was fed up with both parents and didn't care to want to see either, and moved out of the country and moved on with his life. Just sick and tired of the constant fighting his whole life.

Oh the beautiful pleasant life children get to enjoy in Canada after a separation. Is it the parents faults, or the systems faults? Or are the parents and the system both partially responsible ?
              Last edited by trinton; 10-04-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I'd say it's the parents. System is only an extension and reflection of society. We can and should raise our children better than societal norms/expectations.

When things go awry in a marriage people panic and make poor decisions. No one is experienced in family law so it is easy to screw up and get swept up in the wave of litigation.

Comment

I'd say it's the parents. System is only an extension and reflection of society. We can and should raise our children better than societal norms/expectations.

When things go awry in a marriage people panic and make poor decisions. No one is experienced in family law so it is easy to screw up and get swept up in the wave of litigation.
                  With the exception of the bias in our Family Law System, why do the parents become so unreasonable? And what is unreasonable if judge A will order that dad have sole custody, Judge B will order mom will have sole custody, and Judge C will order joint-custody ?
                  Last edited by trinton; 10-04-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Trinton

My theory is people are so hurt and angry during a separation that they use methods to get back at the spouse. Children and money are usually the most important people/things in a person's life. People attack where it will hurt most.

Comment

My partners lawyer said the common methods he sees are using money and the kids. One parent turns the kids against the other and the paying parent retaliates by stopping paying.

Parents who use the kids are normally ill themselves and do so as punishment. In their skewed way of thinking they believe they are protecting the children.

Read A FAMILYS HEARTBREAK by Mike Jeffries. It was really good at explaining a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
                        Trinton

My theory is people are so hurt and angry during a separation that they use methods to get back at the spouse. Children and money are usually the most important people/things in a person's life. People attack where it will hurt most.
                        Agree. People are hurt and use methods to get back at their ex spouse

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X