This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prohibited from bringing motion without leave

This is a question for anyone who has been a similar situation or may have the legal information to help.

If a party is prohibited from bringing forward a motion without leave, are they allowed to seek that leave during a unrelated hearing/motion? Do they need to start their own application for leave? Or can they piggy back on another motion or as part of their response to an unrelated motion?

I hope this is clear, in short what I am trying to ask is this:

What is the process involved in seeking leave to bring forward a motion? Is there anything in the Family Law Rules related to this?

Many thanks in advance for any feedback on this.

Hi Nadia - I'm a bit puzzled by your post. Are you prohibited from bringing any new motions against your ex?

I found your post to be a bit cryptic and would appreciate some additional information.

Comment

No, my ex-husband is prohibited from bringing forward any further motions without first seeking leave.
      Last edited by Nadia; 09-16-2012, 07:29 AM.

Comment

When a judge says no more motions without leave or no more motions before a certain time frame ..they are usually dealing with a high conflict person on a free ticket or self represented .Clogging up the courts for revenge is not looked well upon.

Comment

Interesting as my lawyer is seeking to do just that to my ex. I will be quite relieved not to be dragged to court all the time. I guess he will have to pay a few thousand every time he tries as well as having to be screened before anything goes forward.

Nadia - I hope there is no other way for your ex to bypass the order. I am meeting with my lawyer on Thursday and I'll find out what I can about this for sure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X