This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H'ween weather question for parents of little people

The weather here is sucking, more than I've ever seen it for past Halloweens. We're used to a bit of rain, and even some snow, but I can honestly say we've never had this kind of pouring rain on Halloween that I can remember.

My kids are beyond trick or treating age, if they weren't I know I'd be torn on whether or not to take them out in this craptacular weather.

So my question to all you trick or treater aged parents is, will you or would you take your kidlets trick or treating in this horrendous pouring rain?

Trying to figure out how prepared we need to be here!

Yeah, not pouring rain here, yet.
    Will have to see, when trick-or-treating time comes. At least it should be warmer.

It's once a year, and the kids look forward to it, so we try to do it. Are we soaked to the bone, and are the kids miserable? If yes, then don't - find something else to do. If no, we plod on. I generally guage how the kids feel about it.

Comment

We are going, my daughter prefers halloween to christmas. She'd be devastated. She's wearing a rainsuit in under her costume, as for her makeup I had planned...we may scratch that. My partner will be a samurai warrior and I will be a geisha. Other than umbrellas, not much really you can do. Atleast its warm.

Comment

I know not what of you speak.

Comment

No chance my girl will give into the rain - I can't imagine even trying! Makeup will be running down her face, and the black hairspray...oh, lord only knows where that will end up. Nothing a hot shower won't clean up.

This morning she showed me her "route". Her and her friend drew a map of the neighbourhood and planned a route. They even made red x's on the house that gives out "full size chocolate bars" and cans of pop.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
            But we don't all live in your neck of the woods paradise aka lucknow. So how would the responses help you

I had more than 80 kids/teenagers last year, bound to be more this year and yes it's been raining here as well in NoSpousalSupportville

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...iceless-16373/
            It'll help because if the majority of parents would take their kids out in the absolute pouring rain, it really doesn't matter what city it's raining in

Comment

We were out tonight, and finished the night. We did get wet though. I was actually surprised to see as many kids out as I did.

Comment

We had a record amount of kids...for here, anyways!

A whole 15 kids and a couple well dressed dogs. Took my pooch out for a walk, it was wet but not rainy and almost balmy.

Guess I worried for nothing!

My oldest & I are decorating halloween cookies. And eating way too many cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                  We were out tonight, and finished the night. We did get wet though. I was actually surprised to see as many kids out as I did.
                  Same here. Our streets were crowded and our stuff was all done. Soacked right through to our skin.

Comment

I gotta stop using my phone for typing...its atrocious.

Comment

Everyone knows H'ween is bad for kitties, especially with the fishers disguised as kindly old grannies!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X