X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature to be airing this week.

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to let all know if the progress we have made. For those who have been following my Spouse's story (Living A Nightmare) we have finished the taping for the first of the four anticipated segments that Global wishes to air. The first will be dealing with the human aspect of the stories and the impact on His life that resulted. The subsequent segments will deal with the legal and political issues. It is anticipated that it will be airing Tuesday June 30th, on the 6&11 news. So just a couple of days away, if there is a change to the air date, I will post the day before.

I would also like to take this chance to thank Global TV. They have been doing an excellent job with producing this story. Well Done! As well thank you to everyone here who has listened & offered thier support. This has been such an ordeal for Richard, and it is overwhelming but heartwarming all the support through this that we have recieved. Thank You.

Hoping that you will be watching, These issues impact all of our lives at one point or other, and it is this impact that we want to see improved upon.

Thank You again,
    Richard & Karen

That's great news, Karen! I'm so glad things are starting to come around and the public is being made aware!

I just learned something new about FRO the other day... each time you bring the issue of Child Support to Court, the Court is obligated by law to send the support order to FRO, even if the parties agree to not use FRO. So each time child support is determined in family court, both parties need to sign and provide FRO with a Notice of Withdrawal. (We just faxed our second one in the other day.)

Plus, duty counsel told us that the reason FRO is so slow to make changes to people's accounts is because they are backed up at least 4 months, and whereas in the past, they gave priority to self-represented parties, now it is on a first-come-first-served basis. Duty counsel also told us that if you wish to withdraw from FRO, you need to fax them the notice of withdrawal at least 3 times in 3-4 day intervals, then mail them the original 10 days later, and follow up with a phone call or two to make sure they have received it.

I cannot wait to see the story!

Comment

Originally posted by #1StepMom View Post
      I just learned something new about FRO the other day... each time you bring the issue of Child Support to Court, the Court is obligated by law to send the support order to FRO, even if the parties agree to not use FRO. So each time child support is determined in family court, both parties need to sign and provide FRO with a Notice of Withdrawal. (We just faxed our second one in the other day.)

Plus, duty counsel told us that the reason FRO is so slow to make changes to people's accounts is because they are backed up at least 4 months, and whereas in the past, they gave priority to self-represented parties, now it is on a first-come-first-served basis. Duty counsel also told us that if you wish to withdraw from FRO, you need to fax them the notice of withdrawal at least 3 times in 3-4 day intervals, then mail them the original 10 days later, and follow up with a phone call or two to make sure they have received it.

I cannot wait to see the story!
      Another case has come to my attention... Mom and Dad split up. Had one child. They went thru a nofault divorce and settled everything with out the courts including CS Dad has been paying as per there own agreement. No issues in the 14 yrs. Now 14 yrs later Dad goes to open a bank account and is refused because FRO says he owes support. There never was a court order for support or registered with FRO as far as anyof us knew. I have spoken with both parties and they are just as dumfounded as I am. Where could have this come from all of a sudden? No one has a clue. Could something have beenput thru yrs ago from the lawyers against both clients wishes????
      I have advised them to start with that source and try to find records of anything they can.
      This is the kind of things that should not be.Why should we have to file papers so many times. It was asked of us why we never sent them the divorce judgement! Right??? It has been with them right from the start 1992 and then a variation in 1996. Also have lost count of the number of times in the years to follow. I just have a real hard time with the way they convienently lose track. All this paper work has been entered in the court as well. So why should it take 7 years for them to acknowledge facts? Wonder if we will ever know. But I think there will be alot that they will be made to give the answers on.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to have to say that this was not able to air today. There have been some issues raised and until they are sorted out it means that it is going to have to be delayed. I will keep everyone posted as best I can as to what will be happening.
        Again thank you to all that have been keeping there eye on this story and have offered their support.

Comment

Who can we send our stories to.

I just filed a complaint with the Ombudsman and my MPP with my case. I use to say how great the FRO was until just this week. My ex registered me with the FRO in 2002. I just got a letter from them a couple of days ago and they said my ex says I'm $280.00 in arrears from 2002. Are you kidding me this was seven years ago. We have gone to court 5 times since then and most recently in June and no mention of arrears was ever brought up. I have never been in arrears and have documentation from the FRO stating such. I stated to them that I dispute the claim and then said oh nothing will be done then. I called the next day and they said they already paid her because I had money in there. That money was for next month now I have to come up with more money. The fact that my ex can say I'm in arrears and they pay her out without any proof of such and even when I dispute the claim is rediculous. What if I didn't have the funds in there already I would have been automatically place into arrears. I can go on how my ex uses the FRO whenever she wants to jerk my chain. For example I was getting married and my ex contacted the FRO 30 days before my wedding and said she was concern I was no longer going to bay so she wanted me garnished off my cheque. They sent me paperwork to do this are you kidding me. I had to call my MPP to get rid of this.

Comment

It will still be going ahead will keep everyone posted.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X