No announcement yet.

Annyoing Ex....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't love nor do I hate my ex - truth is I fear him. I'm afraid of the way he tries to control our joint finances and that is what has put my life on hold.

It's difficult to move on when somebody else's bad decisions affect your going forward. First he wants to sell the house, then he wants to buy it from me, then he wants me to buy him off and changes his mind yet again!

I'm not so rich that I can just let him figure things out for another 5 years?! Thank God our son is an adult, I'd hate to have to co-parent under these conditions. I don't want him to stop breathing - just to make up his flipping mind!

Comment

I don't think it's lame to dislike the father of your children. The father of my D8 has worked hard to earn my dislike and I am happy to grant it to him. You can dislike someone and still be polite, diplomatic and child-centred in your interactions with him/her.

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      This post is lame, especially if your ex is the father of your children - as much as i dislike my ex, its probably outweighed by my pity for her and the harm that comes to my children whenever bad things befall her (which happens a lot). Get a life.

Comment

(Though what I actually feel is not dislike as much as disinterest - I don't really care what he does. I don't have to know anything about his life, as long as it's not hurting D8, and I like it that way. After years of having to worry about his feelings, it's liberating).

Comment

Damn right it's liberating. Right now he's a pain in my ass and after the bs I've endured I'd be a freakin moron to like the guy. Some people don't do likeable things or behave in a likeable way. Not much I can do about that.

Comment

Wishing they stop breathing (i.e: die) is not the same as disliking.

Comment

What about a coma?

Anyone up for something "in-between"?

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
                What about a coma?

Good answer firhill, I predict that you will do well in court with this give and take attitude .... Seriously, I hope that my Ex has a very long healthy life and that he prospers financially

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
                  What about a coma?

Coma is good, as long as the custody document is signed first. Then I'm good with coma. Although, as responsive as he is now, he may as well be in a coma!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X