Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:17 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Setting myself up for sucess

As Janus said, probably a troll. Which begs the real questionare you actually engaged in reality or simply writing a comic book er...graphic novel...and this is research.

Thanks for the laughs Janus and Arabian!
Old 07-20-2020, 09:33 AM

LovingDad1234 is on a distinguished road

You should tell your soon to be husband that you are already enquiring about divorce....see how that goes.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:50 PM

CoolGuy41 is on a distinguished road

Zara (are you my ex??),

Adding to Janus's sage advice: pay for stuff using debit, request cash back, and squirrel away the cash - for future litigation of course

If you do not have large breasts, you can also convince your husband/future ex-husband to buy you breast augmentation. Not only is this something that he can't stop you from taking with you, but it will also expand your flotilla of ships to jump ship to at the tail end of your upcoming marriage.

I also heard a radio DJ mention (and I quote) "keeping all the assets in one spouse's name and all the debt in the other spouse's name". The aforementioned DJ didn't go into the exact details of the supposed reason for doing this, but I think it had something to do with keeping money from creditors. I'm guessing the female DJ would have insisted on being the asset spouse under this arrangement. You could try to push this idea to your future husband/ex-husband.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:00 PM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

This is by far the most entertaining thread on here in a long time lol

As a side note, and along the same lines as one of the OPs questions:
Out of genuine curiosity, if two people get married and one had a house in their name years before the marriage and the house is kept solely in that persons name after the marriage, does the house get split evenly upon divorce or only the equity that has built up since marriage (assuming said home is the matrimonial home of course)
Old 07-20-2020, 03:55 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
You should tell your soon to be husband that you are already enquiring about divorce....see how that goes.
Clearly you have misunderstood the point of this game.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
Out of genuine curiosity, if two people get married and one had a house in their name years before the marriage and the house is kept solely in that persons name after the marriage, does the house get split evenly upon divorce or only the equity that has built up since marriage (assuming said home is the matrimonial home of course)
Assuming no prenup, the entire house gets split.

I know what you are thinking, "that's crazy, nobody would allow that to happen!"

Welcome to family law in Canada.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Clearly you have misunderstood the point of this game.

I think the OP doesnt understand the game being played either.

I do like the fake boobs suggestion. Should also insist that all gifts be expensive jewelry and that gifts be given monthly for different events. First time we breathed together, first cup of coffee purchased etc. Should also schedule your days around working out, shopping and personal care while having a nanny (add push present to the list) which will need to continue when divorced.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:04 PM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Oooo ya and make sure the nanny is smokin hot so hes extremely tempted to cheat. Then once he cheats and you inevitably file for divorce he might be less likely to fight you in court because of the guilt. You want to make sure YOU are the one that is jaded. If he is, then it might be a bit more difficult to get your jackpot payout
Old 07-20-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
Oooo ya and make sure the nanny is smokin hot so hes extremely tempted to cheat. Then once he cheats and you inevitably file for divorce he might be less likely to fight you in court because of the guilt. You want to make sure YOU are the one that is jaded. If he is, then it might be a bit more difficult to get your jackpot payout
No.

My advice is legally grounded. You can really use it to screw your future spouse out of a lot of money.

Rockscan's suggestion to create a wealthy lifestyle is also good, since the courts often have an expectation that the lifestyle should continue.

I don't actually recommend the hot nanny, because if your STBX hooks up with the nanny he might spend money on her while you guys are married, and that lowers the eventual payout.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:50 PM

Helpmyspouse is on a distinguished road

And if he gets the nanny pregnant he will have another mouth to feed also lowering her payout.