Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A positive, upbeat turn on things...........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A positive, upbeat turn on things...........

The forums can get negative, considering life situations. So I challenge those who have come out the other end, those who are in the process of the legal system AND those who are just beginning it.

What is happy about your day with or without your children?

Today I don't have my children. And that's OK. Today is also my son's birthday. And that's OK too. We had our "birthday" celebration! The actual day means nothing to us. We have learned to make each day we are together special and we did in fact have a grand celebration for his birthday.

In retrospect, last year I missed both his and his sister's birthdays due to a huge custody battle. I didn't have a pot to piss in or a "@##" to throw it out of. But, I did not forget - it was a loving birthday sans present and Mom. He knows how much his Mom loves and cares for him. To me that is enough, in both respects - I don't expect anything from him and he doesn't expect anything from me. When "things" are forthcoming, from both sides, they are treats, grand pleasures.

As I have said, I do have custody of my children and for that I am truly blessed. For those that do not, may it be any consolation that when such situation's come up that your children love you as much as the other parent does? I do know from my own personal experience that my children's love for me is unconditional-their love for their Father is unconditional as well - I cannot compare it, evaluate it, differentiate it - it just is.

What is so hard is for the children to understand and work through the parental anger. I say "hell" if my ex and I can work through it, everyone can (if both parties are willing). We have bit the bullet. We DO have differences. But, we do make the best for the kids.

So, today, will someone help celebrate the kids with me? They go through such adversity in such trying times. Quite frankly, I think mine will be OK. And for that I am blessed. This forum has made it so - so for that I have to say thanks!

What is happy about my day - it is my sons Bday and I am missing it and it is OK. I have no laundry today, I have no running after kids today, I can have an afternoon nap, I don't have to cook supper. When the kids come home to Mom on Tuesday those negatives are positives. And each one is grand.

May we all be able to put it all in perspective throughout out own individual adversities.

great post. Nice to see some postive things

Comment

I'm an optimist...Time spent with my children is great.

Comment

Kudos. It can be easy to be lost in despair (something I've been doing to myself unfortunately) so its good to be reminded that your state of mind can be improved by just looking at the situation from a more positive outlook.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X