This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court jurisdiction issue

This is a question about jurisdiction. My ex girlfriend and I purchased a home together 2 years ago (I put up the bulk of the money up front). She and her daughter lived in it from the beginning....I moved in 6 months later. Since our split-up, I've wanted a fair settlement, but she wants a lot more. I retained a lawyer, but he is from another county. I've presented evidence of all my receipts and have an overwhelming case, but my ex's lawyer says because of jurisdiction, the court should be moved to the region of the home. That property has been sold long ago, and it's financial that is questioned. We were not commonlaw (only together 1 1/2 years). She has never presented any proof of receipts, just scribbles on paper that are ridiculous. The only thing that she has is this jurisdiction ploy. My question is....should I be concerned about it (court being moved and having to get a new lawyer and more expense)....or continue my course with the set court date. Thanks.
    (note: The property, though in Huron County, has a Wellington County address. The court date has been set in Wellington County. They will contest that it be moved to the county were the property was located). It's all about delay, delay, delay....not settlement.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X