No announcement yet.

OCL Disclosure today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it would be worth mentioning that our OCL investigator had the report already drafted. I got the impression she got shit from her supervisor that the investigation took so long to complete. But it really wasn't anyone's fault but the slow wheels of the justice system (she was waiting for ex's charges to resolve).

She made some handwritten notes on the draft- and was going to add in some other recommendations that were agreed to by both our counsel. Specifically the method on which supervision could be removed- and how to proceed with a reassessment. Originally exes lawyer asked for a s.30 private assessment- and I piped up and said no, I don't think that's appropriate. Thankfully my lawyer took over pretty forcefully and insisted on the wording that either party MAY request a further assessment IF and only IF the other recommendations were fulfilled and the parties fail to reach a final parenting plan.

lol- I actually had Tayken's voice in my head saying "no fucking further assessments- they add time and money".
    Last edited by iona6656; 02-14-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      lol- I actually had Tayken's voice in my head saying "no fucking further assessments- they add time and money".
      They do. Most assessments are unnecessary as there is more than enough evidence to proceed on.

I suspect you could have gotten more out of a long motion in your matter. You seem to have a strong handle on your case. Unlike most, you understand the rules of evidence.

Section 30 assessments are awful. Most are wordy and useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        They're way more thorough than OCL fluke work.
        Last edited by tunnelight; 02-19-2019, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          They do. Most assessments are unnecessary as there is more than enough evidence to proceed on.

I suspect you could have gotten more out of a long motion in your matter. You seem to have a strong handle on your case. Unlike most, you understand the rules of evidence.

See- this is where you and I disagree. I don't think the courts would've given me /protected my daughter more. The OCL came at this as a social worker with a background in child protection.

She mentioned the death review report- meaning she actually assessed our case for the high risk indicators. Which is what she should do.

Her finding was that there were too many of those factors present to ignore which is why she recommended the supervision remain.

Whereas- if we had gone to court- a judge would've likely said "well- he's had supervised for a year without incident- look at these glowing reports from the third party supervisor. Of course supervision should be removed. He should have overnights." Would they have wanted to speak with his therapist? Dunno. Doubtful. Remember- he sold this story really well to the criminal courts which is how he received an absolute discharge.

It's only through the OCL actually digging a bit more that she discovered he has not addressed the violence/risk aimed at our daughter.

Originally posted by tunnelight View Post
          They're way more thorough than OCL fluke work.
          I have to say that I think the OCL was actually very thorough in our matter. She spoke to EVERYONE- all of D2s doctors, all the therapists, the parents' family doctors, etc etc...

Comment

I have to say that I think the OCL was actually very thorough in our matter. She spoke to EVERYONE- all of D2s doctors, all the therapists, the parents' family doctors, etc etc...
            Speaking with everyone doesn't make a report thorough. OCL doesn't even have big enough mandate to explore all clinical issues - let alone draw a conclusion that the father has anger management issues.
            Last edited by tunnelight; 02-19-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X