X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what orders can you ask for?

Hi,
    I have searched this forum but I can't find the answer to this.

Am I able to ask for an order that requires my spouse to disclose her sick time and other time off? Also can I ask for an order to disclose whether my spouses employer has offered full time employment in past year?

Thank you

Maybe it would be better to just ask for what you want rather than trying to get orders to get evidence to get what you want.

Obviously if you're wanting this information you are trying working towards something.

Comment

do you mean ask my spouse for that? That is not an option.

I am working towards proving that she is underemployed.

Comment

Then you bring a motion to impute income to her. If you are trying to change existing support, you must establish that there is a material change in circumstances or wait until a scheduled review period or the judge won't care. There must be a cause for the change to be necessary.

You will present evidence and facts that she has the time, means and opportunity to be employed and isn't taking necessary steps.

If she wants to dispute it, then she will have to produce evidence and facts that support her position that she can't work right now, or that she can work in some capacity but not full-time or not at a particular salary.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X