Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unrepresented w/ mental disability, ex is claiming I'm intentionally "under-employed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrepresented w/ mental disability, ex is claiming I'm intentionally "under-employed"

My ex has hired a very expensive lawyer (practicing 50 years) to claim I'm "under-employing" myself. I've had 3 partners in my life (mid-40s), and they've all helped me with employment.

I have had learning disorders all throughout my schooling, I'm professionally diagnosed with extreme ADHD, I hhave trouble reading, etc...

My ex has not told her lawyer that I have a mental disability, and she has made a provably false statement on her affidavit for Superior Court.

1. Will the court hear this case?

2. I have a professional diagnosis from a neuroscience center in Vancouver. I was also a human subject in a year-long trial for the drug-maker Eli Lilly Canada and still have all the signed consent forms. The claimant lived with me while I did both of these things in 2008. I have trouble holding concentration fmor more than 10 minutes at a time. Having trouble with court papers, anxiety, depression, etc...

3. My witnesses will be myself, my current girlfriend, and a past girlfriend that will all testify that the claimant is lying on her affidavit.

4. My work history is spotty. I have trouble holding jobs b/c of my disability.

5. Meeting with claimant on March 9 or 10 to civilly discuss ways to settle our issue.

6. How do I serve other party with list of documents I will used as evidence?

Any and all help is very much needed. I'm dying inside. I've never cheated anybody.

** edit: Trial Management papers are due Mar 17 to be served to other party, and April 17 is Trial Coordination Conference, and trial to be week of April 27, 2020.

Yikes.

Originally posted by Looking_Forward View Post
    My ex has hired a very expensive lawyer (practicing 50 years)
    Unless the dude is in his 70's that's probably not true.

My ex has not told her lawyer that I have a mental disability
    You don't know that. It is likely that she has told the lawyer but the lawyer feels it will not help her case to discuss that. Her lawyer has no obligation to be fair at all. Remember that, the lawyer is not a judge, and is not trying to do the right thing. The lawyer is just trying to win.

and she has made a provably false statement on her affidavit for Superior Court.
    That won't matter as much as you think. People lie all the time, are proven liars, and still win.

1. Will the court hear this case?
    Yes. The courts will hear almost any case, why would yours be special? The supreme court gets to decide which cases they hear, the lower courts not so much.

2. I have a professional diagnosis from a neuroscience center in Vancouver. I was also a human subject in a year-long trial for the drug-maker Eli Lilly Canada and still have all the signed consent forms. The claimant lived with me while I did both of these things in 2008. I have trouble holding concentration fmor more than 10 minutes at a time. Having trouble with court papers, anxiety, depression, etc...
    Good, that stuff is important, bring as much documentation as you can.

3. My witnesses will be myself, my current girlfriend, and a past girlfriend that will all testify that the claimant is lying on her affidavit.
    Those are not high quality witnesses. Any current medical documentation, work supervisors, social workers?

4. My work history is spotty. I have trouble holding jobs b/c of my disability.
    What happens? How do you usually end up losing your job?

5. Meeting with claimant on March 9 or 10 to civilly discuss ways to settle our issue.
    That meeting will not be fun. I strongly urge you to say as little as possible. In fact, I would probably not go to that meeting at all, and just do everything in writing where you can get somebody to look it over.

6. How do I serve other party with list of documents I will used as evidence?
    https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov....fc/part_6.html

This would be regular service, not special service.

Any and all help is very much needed. I'm dying inside. I've never cheated anybody.
    Why would it matter if you have cheated?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X