Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM

Rao Agnihotri is on a distinguished road
Default Not served divorce

Hi folks,

We jointly filed for divorce, but everything was done through spouses lawyer. I have now received the Form 25A - Divorce order. My assumption was that I will be served with the divorce first from a courier from court. But no such thing happend and I received the divorce order on form 25A. Is this form 25A something different than the divorce, or this is the end and after 30 days the divorce will be final.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Rao
Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

With a joint application you don't get served, you are both jointly applying so there is no one to serve.

For a different kind of divorce, a simple uncontested divorce, she would have served you and then you agree or else if you don't respond in 30 days etc etc. However for a joint application it is not necessary to serve.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 AM

Rao Agnihotri is on a distinguished road

Thank you Mess for the responses. Your guidance in this forum helped me all the way through. I am sure there are many other forum users to whom you are a ray of light and hope. So keep up the good work.
Closed Thread