Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarity on the Trial Sitting Process.

Hi,

I'm unrepresented and have a trial sitting coming up. I'm having a hard time finding information that describes the process as I would like to be prepared for it. I understand that this is when my actual trial date will be given.

How does the actual Trial Sitting process work?

Is your next step trial or another conference (TMC, TSC, or EPT)?

My understanding is the "trial sitting" is the 2-3 week period courts hold trials and long motions, twice a year. If you're ready, the conference judge will usually put you on the waiting list. If you don't get bumped, you'll usually get a call the day of, with a few hours notice that your trial is starting.

Comment

there are no other conferences, but the other side did file a motion.

Comment

Confusion in document submissions (trial management prep)

Hi,

I'm self-represented and confused about some of the language used in the court rule book and what I'm receiving from opposing counsel.

The Trial Management endorsement form states that (item 18) Case Books are due by date X.

I received a document from opposing counsel title "Book of Documents" is this another Name for "Case Books"? Their Case Books contain records of emails and other exhibits but are not labelled as exhibits.

Line 9 Refers to "Exhibits Proposed". What forms are these exhibits placed in?

Comment

Case Book, Book of Documents, Document Brief... all the same.

It's folders with all the "evidence" you hope to use during your trial. It should be tabbed or at least page numbered. Have a table ready to go so you know which document you want to call, which part of it and why...

Comment

Thank you so much for clearing this up.

I really appreciate the fast response.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X