This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Ontario?

I was in TO earlier this week for a medical appointment and decided to visit 2 long-lost cousins in London and Windsor. I'm leaving for Windsor tomorrow. I like London and might live here some day.

If anyone cares to share any information or advice about London or Windsor I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

it seems like a nice enough city, I have never lived there but use to visit a friend there.

Comment

Windsor Tourism and Travel: 37 Things to Do in Windsor, Ontario | TripAdvisor

Comment

I have an uncle and a couple of cousins there, visit periodically. Its a nice enough place, not fast paced like Toronto. Good university, if you want peace don't get a place near where the students live. Nice downtown market.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did some research on London before I arrived here for the first time. The more I see the more I like. The people are so friendly and helpful...I'm really impressed.

DowntroddenDad, I have been to the Convent Garden Market every day, sometimes more than once a day. It's just 3 blocks from where I'm staying.

Now I'm off to reading BitHunters' information about Windsor.

Comment

I used to live in London. Pretty nice place.

You're in a snow belt there, though. Can expect snow in the winter for sure.

Comment

you mean there are places in CAnada where the snow doesn't fly (besides Victoria and VAncouver?)

Amazing. What I'd give to get rid of my winter boots and -40 degree coats!

Comment

Just returned home very late last night. Had a great time with long-lost family members.

Had lunch with my cousin. We had not been in contact for decades. Stayed with another cousin and his wife in another city who very recently celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary. I hadn't seen them both for almost 20 years. They are 83 years "young" and what a delightful couple. They are devoted to each other and really keep each other on their toes. This cousin took us up in his 4 seater. He is an excellent pilot, has over 50 years experience, still flies regularly.

I spoke to another long-lost cousin who lives in my city and we will meet for lunch next week. I have a lot in common with these cousins besides them being part of my family. It's great to be a part of each others' lives again.

Because STBX didn't care to visit family (even his own), I missed out on a lot of great times with them for over 40 years. I'm so glad to have decided to reconnect with them all.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
                  Just returned home very late last night. Had a great time with long-lost family members.

Had lunch with my cousin. We had not been in contact for decades. Stayed with another cousin and his wife in another city who very recently celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary. I hadn't seen them both for almost 20 years. They are 83 years "young" and what a delightful couple. They are devoted to each other and really keep each other on their toes. This cousin took us up in his 4 seater. He is an excellent pilot, has over 50 years experience, still flies regularly.

I spoke to another long-lost cousin who lives in my city and we will meet for lunch next week. I have a lot in common with these cousins besides them being part of my family. It's great to be a part of each others' lives again.

Because STBX didn't care to visit family (even his own), I missed out on a lot of great times with them for over 40 years. I'm so glad to have decided to reconnect with them all.
                  I thought I had lost a number of friends during my marriage. Some dropped because they didn't like my ex(or that I had "changed" after marriage), some because my ex had created conflicts.

But since separation I've managed to reconnect to a number of them and it is a pretty gratifying experience.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X