Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-2-5 or week about

Asking for a relative...

For the past 2.5 years the schedule of the children has been 2-2-5 with exchanges being at daycare. Children are currently 6 and 3... mom has Monday and Tuesday and dad has Wednesday and Thursday with alternating weekends.

Dad now wants to switch to week about because his new wife has her teenage children on a week about basis. Mom wants to keep the same 2-2-5 schedule because the children have had this schedule for 2.5 years and it allows both parents to see the children during the week and allows the parents to sign the children up for activities on their own time without it impacting the other parents time.

Dad has retained counsel to push this issue and is ready to proceed to court. Nothing has changed that would constitute a material change so what would be the success rate of this for dad? Can mom be forced to change an access schedule that has been working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres no indication that there has been a material change and his argument will be what? He has a new gf with a different schedule he wants to coordinate? Judge will probably disagree!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Theres no indication that there has been a material change and his argument will be what? He has a new gf with a different schedule he wants to coordinate? Judge will probably disagree!

My thoughts as well... after 2.5 years of a schedule that has been working he hasn’t demonstrated a change other than his wife... although I say new wife... he left my relative for this woman 2.5 years ago so they have also managed this schedule for 2.5 years while having her kids week about. Mom isn’t opposed to switching the schedule when the children are a little older but at this point she feels it’s working well.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
        Dad has retained counsel to push this issue and is ready to proceed to court. Nothing has changed that would constitute a material change so what would be the success rate of this for dad? Can mom be forced to change an access schedule that has been working?
        Wow, and his lawyer is OK with saying the schedule needs to change because of step-moms kids schedule? I think they need to come up with a better reason than that.

No wonder the court system is clogged with unreasonable litigants. I hope in this case Mom gets court costs awarded to her.

Sounds to me the 2-2-5 schedule meets the children's needs considering their young ages. Personally I feel a week about schedule for a 3 year old is too long for a child of that age to go without seeing the other parent.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X