Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:08 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

What's this about the mayor and his brother getting their own TV show? Unbelievable really. I was channel surfing yesterday and he was the topic of conversation on BBC and some day shows and today there was coverage on CNN. I heard even SNL is going to be doing skits on him.

My prediction is that he will crash and burn. I mean the guy is obviously in very poor health. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:29 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

It is on the Sun News network. No one watches it anyway. They used to have a radio show on Sundays but the station just fired them.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:24 AM

caranna is on a distinguished road

On Wednesday, council overwhelmingly passed Minnan-Wong's motion asking Ford to take a leave.
Council will hold special meetings today and Monday to try to strip Ford of his mayoral powers and hand them to the deputy mayor in what another councillor called an attempted coup.
Premier Kathleen Wynne said she would consult opposition parties before deciding whether to intervene if council made it clear it could not function as a result of the Ford scandal.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of hearing about stupid Mayor Ford and his equally stupid brother - media whores the pair of them!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
I don't know about you, but I'm sick of hearing about stupid Mayor Ford and his equally stupid brother - media whores the pair of them!
I don't think they are choosing most of the media coverage they are getting these days. That statement would more appropriately be applied to the other non-Ford members of council. ie. Minnan-Wong for example.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

I do not reside in Toronto, so have no dog in that fight. The majority of that whole council has been a joke even before Ford was in office. It's easy to look good, when you stand next to someone who has behaved in such a less than good way.

I also don't agree with talks of a non-elected "premier" stepping in, and interferring (possibly) with an elected official. I'm not defending Ford...but that sets up a horrible precedent.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:59 AM

FWB is an unknown quantity at this point

New Slogan.....Ford More Years! He is the first one out of the gate, registered today for the election in October
Old 01-03-2014, 01:01 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

First out, last to finish.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:09 AM

FWB is an unknown quantity at this point

He has God on his side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqL6Hqgn1QY
Old 01-03-2014, 01:15 AM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
New Slogan.....Ford More Years! He is the first one out of the gate, registered today for the election in October
Yeah...I'm in South California and saw the news on a local TV station.