No announcement yet.

ER motion without notice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cannot serve the other party if you are a party in the case. That is the law. You need to hire a process server.

Comment

why is my radar up on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post

She is mentally ill. Severe depression. I understand my case is clear to take kids from her. She understands this as well, but I do not want this. I want kids to have both parents in their lives.
        I suspect that OP's first language is not English?

In a previous post, he says that he does not want full custody.

What I don't understand is why child services are not involved in this dispute, since the mother is unfit and father does not want children full time?
        Last edited by Mess; 09-10-2013, 08:34 AM. Reason: To fix quote

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
          What I don't understand is why child services are not involved in this dispute, since the mother is unfit and father does not want children full time?

I never understood why people even have kids if they don't want them full time.

Comment

I suspect that OP's first language is not English?

In a previous post, he says that he does not want full custody.

Because is not in children best interest to lose mother!!! That is why no police, no CAS, and that is why I do not want FULL custody.

Comment

Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post
              I never understood why people even have kids if they don't want them full time.

Because in kids best interest is to have BOTH parents , not one!!!

Comment

Thank you everybody, also noone really did answer my initial question, had to figure out myself.I am in court now. They hearing me today, will update. Mother still in hospital.

Comment

Because in kids best interest is to have BOTH parents , not one!!!
                  I don't disagree that it is in the child's best interest to have both, but if you plan to have kids, you should be prepared that bad things may happen, as in your case, and you might have to take over as the primary care giver. That is not to say you would deny your kids as much access as the mother could handle/

My ex was a high risk patient for childbirth, and we went into prepared that if the worst happened I might become a single parent.

Comment

Because is not in children best interest to lose mother!!! That is why no police, no CAS, and that is why I do not want FULL custody.
                    We're not talking about children losing their mother. You said yourself that she is SEVERELY DEPRESSED and has been hospitalized for attempted suicide. She is not able to care for them presently.

The best interest of your children would be to have CAS involved at least on a temporary basis until your Ex can assume caring for them. If they are doing well with the grandparents that's your best solution for now.

Did you go to court yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                      I don't disagree that it is in the child's best interest to have both, but if you plan to have kids, you should be prepared that bad things may happen, as in your case, and you might have to take over as the primary care giver. That is not to say you would deny your kids as much access as the mother could handle/

My ex was a high risk patient for childbirth, and we went into prepared that if the worst happened I might become a single parent.

Thanks, I agree. I just do not like such accusations. I am trying to be nice and gentle with her, as she might do it again. I knew she was depressed, but what i did not know, that she could be risk for kids and herself Of coarse, I want to take them until she is better, that is why I am doing this motion.

Thanks, man.

Comment

We're not talking about children losing their mother. You said yourself that she is SEVERELY DEPRESSED and has been hospitalized for attempted suicide. She is not able to care for them presently.

The best interest of your children would be to have CAS involved at least on a temporary basis until your Ex can assume caring for them. If they are doing well with the grandparents that's your best solution for now.

Did you go to court yet?

I choose court, as it is easier faster way to do it. I am in court, they hearing my motion, will update.

Thanks

Comment

I choose court, as it is easier faster way to do it. I am in court, they hearing my motion, will update.

Thanks
                          Good luck Moonlight!

Comment

Maybe you are unaware of what severely depressed people can do...they can not only harm themselves but also turn on their children. The children's best interests is to be with sane parents. When one parent can not act, then the other does.

Comment

Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post
                              Maybe you are unaware of what severely depressed people can do...they can not only harm themselves but also turn on their children. The children's best interests is to be with sane parents. When one parent can not act, then the other does.
                              I whole-heartedly agree with this Moonlight - you need to protect those wee ones right now until she is stable and is able to understand that you are not trying to take her children away from her for good - You don't want to become a headline on the 5 o'clock news.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMomma View Post
                                Good luck Moonlight!

Some updates. Motion was granted, was lasting 15 min. I got temporary custody, mom got every other Saturday at YWCA ,when she comes from hospital. Kids are coming at 6pm, police will bring them. Mom got restraining order to me and whole my family. This should continue until mom bring good rapport from Psychiatrist.

Cant wait

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X