This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said DTTE.

In my circle of other divorcees, I am considered a success story, because I won custody of my kids from an unreasonable former spouse. Problem is I have never been so beaten down as I find myself now. Feeling like I hold onto custody by a frayed string, and fearful of going to court, and then trying to keep a roof over my kids head is hard right now, and every time I turn around someone else wants money. I have had a hard time keeping work, since my industry is still not recovered, and it has been like this were I live since 9/11. That is why I left Canada. Work stability, and respect, decent pay, and good schedule. Here I am often just another warm body, or just the guy hired to do a job for the short time. And because of access rights of my ex, I can't move to another city were the work situation is better.

Since my current wife has gotten back from renewing her visa, my kids seem to have started to calm down too. I know they have been affected by the ongoing problems, and since our last court date a few weeks ago, my ex must have been told by her lawyer to wind her neck in, because I have not received the same disrespect that there was, and she has even started to contribute to the kid's school needs. She even has been dropping the kids off on time for a change.

Some of this stuff I have had to face in court, from the police, from the schools, from CAS, and then my ex has really affected me, and the effect is I judge with my bias a little to often, and maybe spout the same bias that I have seen. Not everyone is like my ex, and I need to remember that some times.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
      I'm also happy to have made a few internet friends. No I haven't met any of you, who knows one day we'll see one another (maybe on the golf course ).
      Well, maybe you can find a golf forum for that... hee hee. Im still waiting for my well deserved ice cream!!!

I think it's a full moon or somethin. Making everyone act strange. Strange so that DTTE post made me happy. Happy in the sense that I know alot of people on here have and continue to benefit from it and want to see as many people on here getting great advice to help in any way possible. Seriously, why waste time, energy and money on lawyers when they only do half ass jobs anyway. I think the more knowledgeable you become for yourself, it will help you in the long run and help your children out during the process. Some just have nuts and insane ex's that there is actually nothing you could say or do to change them, but if you change your ways on how to handle them, etc you will be that much more ahead!

As much as DTTE can be an difficult sometimes, I know that he has amazing advice and has lots to offer someone in need. He is very blunt, right to the point and there has been times I wanted to call him every name in the book, but I didn't. Cause I know he's been to hell and back and wants to help all parents stay child focused. Father, mother etc. It didn't matter. What he tried to do is help you stay focused on the most important part of this whole mess, your children.

Im very proud of myself and how much this forum has helped me in ways I could not imagine.

Thanks again to all those patient posters and my awesome 4 some!

And Billiechic- you are my ROCK!
      Last edited by tugofwar; 09-21-2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

awww.., I might be your rock Tug but you make me all mushy!

I have to say, without this forum I could have been one of those bitter nasty ex-wives. Probably not, but there's a distinct possibility.

Cheers to all of us!

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
          Can I wait til she's healthier before she touches me??!!
          Are you sick? Whatsamatter with you?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
            Are you sick? Whatsamatter with you?
            Broken arm (terrible accident included me falling from a tree) and now, today, woke up with a cold

Comment

Ok now seriously....wth were you doing up in a tree? Cats always come down by themselves eventually! Or perhaps you were waiting for a fireman....

Comment

Ok now seriously....wth were you doing up in a tree? perhaps you were waiting for a fireman....

now that's a plan!!

Comment

Ok now seriously....wth were you doing up in a tree? Cats always come down by themselves eventually! Or perhaps you were waiting for a fireman....
                  I wish! Unfortunately, I just have a childish, tomboy side that likes to climb trees...(or, rather liked to). Was a great example for the kids though, and a lesson on getting hurt and surviving it

Comment

(which might explain my irritability at typing my ass off only to get crapped on for it)

Comment

just consider it initiation...

Comment

ohhh.....i have 'trying to be supermom' injuries too my family has banned me from toboggoning...

I hope it's not too serious and you heal quickly AND your cold doesn't stay long!

Comment

lol...I banned myself from tree climbing in future...(at least until I forget about this incident and injury!)

Comment

Well I got to make up my mind. Change careers, or live with the ups and downs of my industry here.

Comment

I'm sick. That's my rant. Have to decide whether I should still go away for the weekend as planned. I could get everyone else sick...

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                                I'm sick. That's my rant. Have to decide whether I should still go away for the weekend as planned. I could get everyone else sick...
                                You know you wanna....

Why keep the germs to yourself when you can share the good times? (I think that went through my son's head as he hugged me on Sunday!)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X