Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved Judgement

Hi

Is there a deadline or a reasonable timeframe to receive a judgment, It's been 6 months, where or who would I contact? I went to the courthouse and the information clerk said it could take years, Is this true?

Originally posted by MsB View Post
    Hi

Is there a deadline or a reasonable timeframe to receive a judgment, It's been 6 months, where or who would I contact? I went to the courthouse and the information clerk said it could take years, Is this true?
    At what court house is your case?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's in Brampton

Comment

It's in Brampton
        so just to understand better your case, you're waiting a judgement for a final order of your trial, correct?

Comment

Yes, the trial was in March and the decision was reserved.

Comment

Yes, the trial was in March and the decision was reserved.
            the judgement for a trial should not take more than a year, maybe other members here have different experiences as to when they received judge's decision after their trial.

Comment

Thanks, Patiently waiting.

Comment

I received a judgement about 3 months after. This was for a temporary order

Comment

Our final judgement took 7 months. If its been over 6 months, call the court and ask to speak to the judge's receptionist. They'll be able to give you a better timeframe.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X