This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do?

My name is Savannah, back in May, my husband did some nasty things to me that made me leave. I have wanted to leave him for a long time but I didnt want to hurt my daughter. So I stayed in a bad relationship and hurt myself instead. Well when he did the last insident, I grew the balls to leave. I moved to maryland and started over. I was told by many different people many different things and I dont know what to do or where to turn. I was told that I had to wait a year seporation till I could get divorced, and then I also heard that I could get an absolute divorce since it was a domestic violence case. Please if anyone has any advice, please send it my way. All I want is to be divorced and have everything that needs to be fixed, to be done and over with. Thanks for your time.

Savannah,

Its always best to get your divorce by default and waiting the one year. It gets nasty in the courtroom and adds to legal expenses if you cite other grounds for divorce.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X