No announcement yet.

When the other party ignores communication about child support recalculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the other party ignores communication about child support recalculation

This is our first year calculating the child support and readjusting on our own since the separation agreement got signed last year. History shows he has never once paid the accurate child support on time in the past 4 years of our case history. We share access so there is an offset amount. He pays his child support obligation to me and I pay my support obligation to him (his lawyer asked this be done so we can share CCB).
    Our agreement says we will calculate and readjust based on last years income which will come into affect July 1st. He has either been ignoring all of my emails or his response was "I did not get the attachments". We use OFW. I even forwarded it to his email address but no response. What can I do in this case?
    The difference is significant this year.

Ask again for his NOA for adjustment, include a "by x date". If you get no response or don't get the info by the date, you can file a motion for disclosure and cs adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      Ask again for his NOA for adjustment, include a "by x date". If you get no response or don't get the info by the date, you can file a motion for disclosure and cs adjustment.

And request costs.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X