No announcement yet.

how to deal with agressive opposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have sent 2 emails to the opposing lawyer and he is not responding. I guess we are going back to court

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      Send them endless letters and emails saying you don't understand a particular sentence. Then send more correcting a few cents on any amounts that are listed. The lawyer will have to read all of these, respond, and charge your ex by the hour. Since you are indicating that consent will be forthcoming once you understand what "motion" means, there will be no reason for them to file a regular motion.

Write them regularly to say you will be getting back to them in two days. Then write them to say you're sorry you can't sign it right now, you are waiting for a friend to explain the language to you. Make sure you leave lot's of phone messages, but don't answer if they call you back. BTW that's not just annoying, it will cover your ass because you are showing you need independent legal advice to agree to anything.

doesn't the system work well where one might have to resort to this in a fair and 'just' system - though tackfull in the end $familys get screwed - any kids wont have $ for college while lawyers decide if it might rain should they drive their 'audi' - any visionary's out there ?
      Last edited by pokeman; 06-30-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDays View Post
        the quicker his lawyer bleeds him dry, the quicker your court worries are over.

oh my god ...

women typically don't respond this way in public , they usually discuss with a magnitude of resources from a billion dollar infrastructure of support

I don't agree happydays but I like your style

are you a Judge by chance cause if not there's a lot that would vote for you from the same infrastructure mentioned above - assuming you would carry your opinions into the court room

its the Canadian way eh ? , a nation with not many balls sitting on the family law throne

isn't Canada's family law awesome - I am just clicking my heels day after day

Last edited by pokeman; 06-30-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokeman View Post
          oh my god ...

women typically don't respond this way in public , they usually discuss with a magnitude of resources from a billion dollar infrastructure of support

are you a Judge by chance cause if not there's a lot that would vote for you from the same infrastructure mentioned above - assuming you would carry your opinions into the court room

its the Canadian way eh ? , a nation with not many balls sitting on the family law throne

I am confused pokeman. Do you think Happydays is a woman? I am fairly certain he is a man.....

Comment

Originally posted by pokeman View Post
            oh my god ...

What good does it do to complain about the system or more importantly your view of the system?

Would it not be far better for your children to figure out the system, work with it and learn how to apply the system to what your children need?

We are all going through this same machine called the family court. Making gender biased moans are going to help how?

Of course the system is still gender biased. Ask a dozen lawyers and they will all tell you it is. Moaning about it will help your children with ZERO effect.

The ONLY thing that will help your children is to do as seasoned posters like Tayken, Mess, Blink, WD, SotS, Pursuing, BillM, NBdad, Hammerdad etc suggest. Leave the anatomical differences behind and focus on what the law/system says about the children's rights. Capice?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X