8 days a week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 days a week!

Situation agreement states that access shall be 4 weeks. No mention of hours or definition of a week.

So 1 week is 7 days therefore 4 weeks equals 28 days.

If pickup of child is on the 1 July return would be July 28th?
    Simple right?
    No apparently there are 8 days in a week so a week is Sat to Sat

Well, exactly one week would be noon on Saturday to noon on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well technically there are not 2 Saturdays in a week. If the order specified Noon on pick up day to noon on drop off day. But the order states 4 weeks which is 28 days. So I guess midnight on day one to 11:59 on day 28 is a full 4 weeks?

Comment

To me 7 days would be Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday, something like that... if it doesn’t specify pick up time then that’s something that has to be agreed upon but it should go the same time as pick up would be the same time as drop off to get 7 full days

Comment

I also agree one week is Sat to Sat. That makes 7 overnights. I would say the 28 days with a July 1 pickup would mean a July 29 return for 28 overnights which equals 4 weeks.

Comment

4 weeks could be interrupted as a month which is why they want the extra days?

Comment

I agree that 7 overnights makes the week. This is how my agreement is laid out for the summer. Exchange happens on the same day of the week and exact same time. So by that logic, if my ex was to have multiple weeks they would be 7 overnight stretches - 4 weeks is 28 overnights and exchange on the same day of week, same time.

Comment

Beachnana what happens to your daughter when you are (unfortunately) no longer around to fight all her battles? (No one lives forever.) This has been grinding on for years for you and you must be exhausted. My deepest sympathies that your daughter hasn't figured this all out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                  Well technically there are not 2 Saturdays in a week. If the order specified Noon on pick up day to noon on drop off day. But the order states 4 weeks which is 28 days. So I guess midnight on day one to 11:59 on day 28 is a full 4 weeks?
                  noon saturday to noon sunday-1 day
                  noon sunday to noon monday- 2nd day
                  noon monday to noon tuesday 3rd day
                  noon tuesday to noon wednesday 4th day
                  noon wednesday to noon thursday 5th day
                  noon thursday to noon friday 6th day
                  noon friday to noon saturday 7th day.

I think you are making this harder then it has to be. You have to look at in 24 hr periods that cross over into the next day. You are looking at it as counting the sunday as a complete 24hr period. Using your logic (not that it is faulty)

sun 1st day
                  mon 2nd day
                  tuesday 3rd day
                  wed 4th
                  thurs 5th
                  friday 6th
                  sat 7th.

Technically you cannot count sunday as a day or saturday as they are not complete 24 hour periods. In the everyday world yes you would count each as day but for this situation I think you have to look it as the first way, 24 hr periods that cross from day to day.

Comment

Tayken, I live by your advice and have gained so much knowledge from you. (Your smarter than my lawyer ). That said, I think you are being too harsh on Beachnana, I dont see the difference between a Grandma helping more than a New Partner. There are lots of Step-Parents reaching out for help and advice here, whats the difference with a Grandparent asking???

Beachnana, whats an extra day??? This Father lives out of town and doesn't get to see his child as often as he should.

My Mom, helps me out a lot too. And I do feel guilty about it. If ex wanted to make an 8 day week, and it gave my Mom a bit of a break, i would take it!!! Spend that 8th Day out in the garden, Dad's got this covered!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X