Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex wants to move with child. We have 50/50 access.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arbortrail22 View Post
    We had a mobility case that didn't make it to trial - we settled. From our research, lawyer's position, voice of child report, etc its very unlikely a 3 weekend a month scenario would be awarded to the non-primary resident parent.

That's good to know. What did you find out about who's responsible for driving?

Comment

The voice of child assessor that was hired as part of the case process concluded that the parent that moved would get every other weekend, one night a week, split holidays and that the parent that moved would do ALL the pick up and drop offs. Kids were a bit older and status quo of schools and community won, given, in summary, equally capable parents in the eyes of the assessor (previous 50/50).

This conclusion lead to one parent moving back and then case was over- maybe a way to push the parents toward a settlement.....

This was not a judge deciding by a hired VOC by the parents who had to make a call... This was a case of only 30km distance

Comment

Thanks. I'm being steered towards settling from my lawyer as opposed to "rolling the dice" with a judge. I did counter one more time but we'll see.

Comment

Disregard. I should've read the thread more thoroughly.
          Last edited by LoveTheKids; 04-23-2021, 10:55 AM. Reason: Asked a question that was answered in previous posts

Comment

We settled!

I think I got beat up for the most part. But I can live with it given I'm getting my daughter 24/30 days per month during school year and avoid the costs and uncertainty of trial. Just have to be the best parent I can.

Comment

What was the final agreement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                What was the final agreement?

During school year, she gets 3 weekends per month. During summer, I get a week plus a weekend in July and August. I get 5 days during Christmas break, alternating the holiday each year. I had to fight for 5 days unnecessarily in my opinion. Drop off and pick up is in Sudbury. A few people I trust actually stepped up and offered to drive the Friday, which helped me accept this. No Child Support, but I'm taking the route of perhaps adding it later. Or the judge can reject it and we add it in.

There was a couple of other really annoying and petty things in there, like the scheduling upcoming christmas, birthday, and easter with the mom when she just got to have all three this past year. But I just said eff it, I have what's important and I'll make the most of it.

Comment

But uh... huge thank you to everyone who contributed. Absolutely helped me. I can see being back in the future lol, but at least this chapter appears to be done.

Comment

I hear yeah. We'll see how it goes. It's Sunday at 3 I get her back. And during the week it's about 3.5 hours together each evening. We're supposed to review annually so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                      I hear yeah. We'll see how it goes. It's Sunday at 3 I get her back. And during the week it's about 3.5 hours together each evening. We're supposed to review annually so we'll see how it goes.

As someone that has gone through a custody battle, it could be a lot worse in terms of access. She can be the Disney weekend mom and you are in charge of truly advancing your child through life and you sound like the parent to do that for your child. I would rather have that role any day of the weekend. And given the winters etc there will be weekends where she will not be “able to make it”. I would say this is a major cause for celebration for you and your child. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                        I agree. I have a feeling that your agreement will change over time and the limiting factor of residential location of the child will cause the other parent to abandon their role leaving you with absolution sole custody and 99.9% of the time. Many agreements fall apart and parents walk from them. Take all the time offered and give up no time. If the other parent asks you to take the child on their time ALWAYS take the child. But, never rely on the other parent for your time. Ever.

Comment

Interesting read. Yes, it could have worked out far worse.
                          I find the school week is interesting with the kids. They bring their social school problems to you and you can bond with them over homework etc.

Your child is young but all day every day quality time sounds a lot like a hovering parent especially when they get older.

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                          But, never rely on the other parent for your time. Ever.
                          I heard something like this from my ex they flat out stated I will never call you for help with the kids but you can call me. What does this mean and why never rely on the other parent?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X